Axles

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MX3ze@7psi

Axles

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Hey what are our v6 axles rated at? Where can I get some performance ones that would be able to hold 230-260 whp?
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

the person i would talk to would be babyblue he seems too know alot about it or use the search engine cuz i remember someone saying something about getting custom axels made from a shop i donno when tho thats all i really know.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

I wouldnt worry about new axles for that much HP.

If you find that your snapping axles or Seriously f---ing them up, you should try some different launching techniques.

Ever tried preloading your clutch?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Have you snapped one yet? I know that when MA-ZE was running his BP turbo that he was using stock Tranny and axles til like 350hp. Then he got upgraded axles and then tranny at like 425.
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

well only during launching. I can't go past 2k off the line otherwise I'll get major wheel hop and snap. Mines starting to make noises while turning and my turbo should be done some time this week or else early next week. I'll get pics too. Thats why I was wondering if anyone new the max whp ratings on our stock axles.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

it happens when you launch because the car is sitting there with no load on the drivetrain and once you release the clutch, it puts a major shock on the drivetrain.

Search the internet on preloading your clutch in a FWD car.
Last edited by nos92mx3 on September 19th, 2005, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

ive posted the phone number and address several times in the last few weeks of the place where steve and I both got our axels.

search for CV Tech thats the name of the place.. I dont have the number or addy handy.

Return to “Forced Induction”