Anti-Drop Shifter Bracket for 5-speed cars

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

WOW, what timing this is. My shifter fell through a while back and as a quick fix I used some self-tapping screws to keep it up. Now it's sitting on the exhaust pipe again. I actually just ordered a new extension rod from Trussville for about $75, but now I think I'll cancel the order and get this bracket.

Great idea!
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

Any word on the progress?
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

bracket

Post by Rumnhammer »

Hi all just back from the UK, and very tired, I will finish up the batch on likely Monday, since I'm so jetlagged right now, I don't think I could weld straight.
A few answers, yes to the pic of the shifter, that is exactly what happens the rubber isolator nubs wear out and that part falls through the floor. this adds support under the shifter. I'll be responding to the people that sent emails already first then posting again.
Chris Rummel
94 Miata R package with turbo
91 festiva L with B6T and everthing else modded too.
2008 Mazda 5
No MX3 but you can tell I am a mazda guy
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

right thread this time

Post by Rumnhammer »

Well the first batch is done and ready to ship, if you want one send me an email and be sure to say you saw it on here so i know to get the extra $3 for the board.
I take paypal and money orders in U.S. dollars only.
I'll ship it out to you the next weekday after I get payment.
be sure to leave your shipping address and name if you use paypal.
send to
Rumnhammer@aol.com

thanks again
Chris Rummel
2008 Mazda 5
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Emailing ya now!
Image -Jim
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

This guy is awesome!! I paypaled him the money, he emailed me right away letting me know he got and would be shipping my bracket tomorrow. This guy has the TEAMpK seal of approval!
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Agreed. Same here. Part arrived yesterday <48 hrs. after I sent paypal pymt. I put up some positive feedback for Chris here if you wanna add your comments there. http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#302055
Image -Jim
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Great transaction for me as well. I sent a payment late Monday night, and it was in my mailbox on Wednesday.

Thanks again, Chris. I'm going outside to install it now. :D
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

comments

Post by Rumnhammer »

Hey, thanks I like to be prompt, I also like to be through, and I found a snag, so just a heads up to you guys, The bolts I got for this to send are 1 inch long, and there is 1 inch between sides of the bracket, so the instructions are correct, the only thing is the bolt is too long to use it like the instructions state. you can either cut the bolt down to 3/4 inch, bring the bolt down from the top, or just get a 3/4inch replacement. to solve the problem. I'll be getting replacements that are 3/4inch long for future shipments. If you have any fitment problems let me know, the only other thing I think you may find is the lip bend on the front varies a little bit from bracket to bracket resulting in a tighter or looser fit, if too tight pry the opening up a little and if too loose, tap it or use some channel locks to close it up a little, will probably not be nessiary as I try to make these as uniform as possible but just in case, I'm letting you know now.
Hope you guys like them.
Chris
2008 Mazda 5
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

bolt length

Post by Rumnhammer »

Ok, so I got a bunch of 3/4 inch bolts, and they are still a little too long to go up from the bracket, it will go on with the bolt down from the top and with the shorter bolt, it makes it easier to to get the nut and washer in there. you could just cut off a little more of the threads, but it's easier to just have the bolt come down from the top, so I'll alter the instructions to suit the fix.
Chris Rummel
2008 Mazda 5
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

$28.00usd sent via PayPal to Rumnhammer@aol.com . Many thanks Chris.

John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

I was under my car a few weeks back and there it was... ready to fall out :lol: :shock:

it looked fine though, no perishing or damage so I think I shall just leave it for the time being...
1997, Silver, V6
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

canada shipping

Post by Rumnhammer »

Hi all, just a quick note, I've shipped a couple to guys in Canada, so you guys know, it will take a little longer for the brackets to reach you guys.
When I was shipping them, the guy asked if I wanted Global priority or air mail. He said Global priority cost like 3 times as much and for Canada it was only like a day faster, so I opted for Air mail. You guys will still get it alright, but either way it was going to be about 7 days, so I just wanted to give a heads up as to why it will take a little longer for you guys to get your parts. From here on out I'll be including a 3/4 inch bolt with the brackets, frankly since the length of bolt includes the head, it is still a touch long to mount with the bolt up through the bracket, so I've altered the instructions to run the bolt down from the top. It will still work as intended, and that way it will be sure to have enough bolt to get through all the metal and still not be on just a few threads. The shorter bolt does make it easier to get the lock washer and nut on inside the bracket though.
Please don't be shy about posting a review or feedback for me when you get it, I appreciate it. Also Thanks again Mx-3 guys for your enthusiasm for these.
Chris Rummel
2008 Mazda 5
Neil

Re: canada shipping

Post by Neil »

Rumnhammer wrote:Hi all, just a quick note, I've shipped a couple to guys in Canada, so you guys know, it will take a little longer for the brackets to reach you guys.
When I was shipping them, the guy asked if I wanted Global priority or air mail. He said Global priority cost like 3 times as much and for Canada it was only like a day faster, so I opted for Air mail. You guys will still get it alright, but either way it was going to be about 7 days, so I just wanted to give a heads up as to why it will take a little longer for you guys to get your parts. From here on out I'll be including a 3/4 inch bolt with the brackets, frankly since the length of bolt includes the head, it is still a touch long to mount with the bolt up through the bracket, so I've altered the instructions to run the bolt down from the top. It will still work as intended, and that way it will be sure to have enough bolt to get through all the metal and still not be on just a few threads. The shorter bolt does make it easier to get the lock washer and nut on inside the bracket though.
Please don't be shy about posting a review or feedback for me when you get it, I appreciate it. Also Thanks again Mx-3 guys for your enthusiasm for these.
Chris Rummel
Do you have any brackets left? I'd like to order one
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

brackets

Post by Rumnhammer »

Yep I still have plenty, I'll let you guys know when I need to make some more. Just send me an email saying you want one.
If you pay by paypal, then just send the paypal payment to my email
Rumnhammer@aol.com

buy all you like, I'll make more.
8)
Chris Rummel
2008 Mazda 5

Return to “New Product Development”