the day as come my friends..20psi (1.36 bar) on my ZE-T

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
cris_barros

Post by cris_barros »

Man..don't give up on your car....after so much work, time and money....it would be sad if you let it go...it's a really beautiful car with an amazing engine setup.

I know how disappointing it can be...I'm on my 4th MX3...sold my 2 .5MX3 last year because it was give me a lot of headache.... and I'm still regretful...I just bought another MX3 now to "cure" my self :wink:

See yah!
Cris

rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Babyblue... if you really had to, talk to BRC. http://www.brcpistons.com

They can make you a set of pistons (or say 2 or 3 if thats all you need) for pretty cheap. Just send in one of those wiseco's and tell them to duplicate it.

If you only need a couple, it should only cost a couple hundred dollars. I know it would suck, but to me its time that is important too not just money, and if its only a few hundred dollars holding you back, then you have invested WAY too much time to let that get in the way.

Last time I talked with BRC (they are VERY cool guys, mind you) a set of 6 pistons made to your exact specs (or wisecos, in your case) was $505.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Well babyblue, atleast you had some fun with it. I was telling a friend of mine that you were running 20psi, you should have seen his jaw drop. lol. oh well hopefully it is only the rings. looking forward to seeing some dyno slips when it is running again.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Well, now what? I have the same problem when I boost at past 6 p.s.i on my turbo Kl. I think it's time to put the engine down again... I also had new pistons and rings, and every gasket and seal was also brand new, so I can't think of a worn out engine. I have detonation a couple of times, and I suppose that's what killed my top end.
European Mx3 GsRT
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

are you using anything to tune timing ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Aww...man! That truly sucks BB. I have been watching your build up trying to get ideas. After I get back from New Orleans I'll have to really get in touch with you since you are the only one I know doing what I plan to do.

I'm going to NO to make some money and pay back debts. Then I'd say around 15-20k is going to be put into my car. I'm going to take a couple months off from any work once I get back and totally trick out my mx-3. I'd just like to get in touch with you once I get started to hopefully learn from your experiences. My goal is to have ~350hp and totally custom exterior and interior. I'm going to try and make a widebody kit. I haven't ever made a body kit but have done alot of fiberglass work making sub boxes and custom interior. I'm sure it won't be much harder.

Either way enough about me. I wish you luck BB and you better not part out your car you have spent way to much time and money on it. Cars are like life alot of fun times will be had and alot of bad times will be had. Either way you learn from it and better yourself and/or car. Don't give up on it you truly are an inspiration to the rest of this mx-3 'cult' :o
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

np man..ask any thing you want
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I have done a compression test and all 6 cilinders show 170 psi, which is in range for what a Kl should give!!
What made my car smoke was the PCV valve, which was still connected in the stock way. I vented it directly to the atmosphere and plugged the intake manifold output and got rid of the white smoke clouds from under the car!! It went out from the equalizer piping, which was routed to the atmosphere. I had boosted until 9 psi and got no smoke!! Sorry for my happiness, but I was really scared!!
European Mx3 GsRT
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

i gotta know...
what EMS are you using?
20psi 370whp? t3t4 63 trim turbo? guessing.

what are you spooling at?
what where you making at say....15psi?

for a 2.5liter (and i must say this) that seems a lil low.

Dont get me wrong im sure it is an amazing ride!! and i bet you spool at 2500rpms.

oh and im shocked the tranny is taking 370hp
impressive but at 20psi i would think you would break 400whp.

now im not trying to piss anyone off and i admit im new to the mx3 but i have turbo'd an integra GSR and a miata 2 times and im working w/ a rotary setup now. So im not some kid saying..."awww you suck" NOT AT ALL!!! Keep going with it!!!!!

Im looking into a dual turbo setup maybe something staged on a kl-de or ze (ze first and DE after i mess up tuning)
Garage (sort of)
99 Acura Integra GSR-T (totaled)
03 Mercedes Benz C230K (rear upgrade from 3.27 to 3.67 ratio) running strong at 108K miles
92 MX-3 v6 (that i wanted to twin turbo w/ an ht12 and ht15) - Parting out now!!!
90 MX-5 getting the rotary treatment
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
feedback link -> http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

after looking at some dynos a bit on car domain i must say 370 is the best i found but i still want to know what turbo and EMS you are using.

and tuning by ear??? kinda crazy.... second the wideband went i would have walked.

oh and 20psi on a ZE DAMN what was that compression ratio like 14:1? or 15:1??
Garage (sort of)
03 Mercedes Benz C230K (rear upgrade from 3.27 to 3.67 ratio) running strong at 108K miles
92 MX-3 v6 (that i wanted to twin turbo w/ an ht12 and ht15) - Parting out now!!!
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
feedback link -> http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I'm running on a t3-t04e 57 trim upprading soon (either sc61, gt35r or t66).
I'm expecting over 400whp on 20psi..just haven't dynoed yet. and I'm on a rough tune. The WB gave crazy numbers so I couldn't use it really.
I'm running on 8.7 compression ratio pistons. not the 10:1 on the stock ze's
I'm running full megasquirt n spark for tuning.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

u should get stage 4 cams or stage 3-turbo to compliment that high boost ur puttin out and maybe ferrea oversize valves anythin stock u should replace with aftermarket to get MORE POWER!!!! u gotta get that on the dyno and DEFINITELY get to the track with some slicks i wanna know the times u can run. do u currently have an lsd? as far as turbo presicion makes some good turbos i had priced a turbo rated for 680hp and it was a 360 bearing turbo full t4 and it was like 850 bucks! really good price compared to hks or turbonetics.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

fieromx3 wrote:u should get stage 4 cams or stage 3-turbo to compliment that high boost ur puttin out and maybe ferrea oversize valves anythin stock u should replace with aftermarket to get MORE POWER!!!! u gotta get that on the dyno and DEFINITELY get to the track with some slicks i wanna know the times u can run. do u currently have an lsd? as far as turbo presicion makes some good turbos i had priced a turbo rated for 680hp and it was a 360 bearing turbo full t4 and it was like 850 bucks! really good price compared to hks or turbonetics.
haven't got a lsd yet but working on that. I'm purchasing mazdapeed slicks he had for sale. Stock valves flow plenty enough so I don't see the need to change them. It's pretty much the only thing stock on the engine.
As far as turbos are concerned I got this thing covered 8)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

as for the turbo ,im going to recommend the T66. Affordable and maxes at about 500whp. If you want to view compressor maps i find majesticturbo dot com to be a good site for viewing. (never bought from them but spoke to kevin there a couple times... didnt have my turbo instock)

8.7:1 sounds right on! so your compression at 20psi was at about 14:1 (very rough guess) my point- DAMN that is alot of boost!

so- question for you and i think many would like to know your input as builders. considering the piston and rod swap you did on the 2.5L .... do you think is it a good idea to get 3-4 kl-de's and build them or ONE kl-ze? Also considering the nightmare people have when they get send a DE that an importer is passing off as a ZE.
Garage (sort of)
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

Oh and i looked into this MEGASQUIRT. Am i reading this correct? fuel mapping...injector control, throttle responce...ect 269.oo?

i have used LINK systems and worked with Haltech and now i have Microtech for my miata. How does this compare (megasquirt) timing,knock, alarms...ect.?
off topic (i know) ... please feel free to email me if you want to bdavis2005 at gmail dot com
or
keep the thread going so all can enjoy

Thanks, Bryan
Garage (sort of)
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com

Return to “Forced Induction”