oil on sparkplug

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

fun thread to read....this maybe a dumb question...but how do i replace my spark plugs.

i got 4 NGKs. hopefully they are decent?? i really dont know, the canadian tire guy said some other ones were good, so i decided to go against his advice since canadian tire guys are usually boneheads.
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

For me it was an easy task (with the right tools ofcourse) - i went to autozone and bought a "plug socket" - it is basically a normal deep socket - but has a rubber boot inside that will grab and hold the sparkplug - it was especially useful in trying to dig out the spark plug from the hole it was in. I just took my spark plug in and asked for the plug socket that would fit. After i got that - it was just take the old ones out - put the new ones in. Some important points are - if the spark plugs are not pre-gapped you have to gap them - and do not overtorque them when tightening (i think the recommended torque is somewhere in the manual - you need a torque wrench for that) - and make a note of which wire goes to which sparkplug before you disconnect and put them back in the same way.
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

i just got that same part from a small car shop in town here called motion. hopefully all goes well. thanks for the help.
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”