JE 50 VAF and K8 ECU? for KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bluebullet

JE 50 VAF and K8 ECU? for KLZE

Post by bluebullet »

just wondering if n e one who knows if it will work good or if its bad? im still waiting to get a KL31 or KL36 ecu but in the mean time will this set-up work?
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

yes it will work but only if you keep the K8 Intake manifold.

searching is a lost art it seems since this is probably been explored a bazillion times in the past.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

bmwm3guy wrote:yes it will work but only if you keep the K8 Intake manifold.

searching is a lost art it seems since this is probably been explored a bazillion times in the past.
If you know so much about the search and it's been discussed a million times before, then why'd you answer him wrong? Why is there so much confusion on this subject when there are probably three threads in on the first page of the V6 forum with the correct answer, not to mention the V6 FAQ? This question is wearing thin, yet people still don't get it. Do you people need like an Excel spredsheet or something? Or a flow chart or dichotomy key? The acceptable daily ECU/VAF combos is not a hard concept to follow. What the problem is?
bluebullet

Post by bluebullet »

the problem is i have a curved neck KLZE and b4 i was using the k8 ECU and a KL02 VAF and i had a CAI and 2day it was raining and i sucked up sum water, so the vaf no good, however i did replace it 2day and the only one i could get fromthis place was a JE50 VAF, and yes it was running but is this a bad combo? i tryed searching and i kno all of the simple combos u can use but i didnt read n e thing on this! and also i did not find n e thing on the V6 FAQ, or maybe i didnt look hard enuff, im just asking for help.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

its fine, it will run rich but fine, no need to change the intake mani
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Kevin gettins did his ZE swap and used a k8 ecu and a je50 Maf, and i know a few others that have ran this setup and it works
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

bluebullet wrote:and also i did not find n e thing on the V6 FAQ, or maybe i didnt look hard enuff, im just asking for help.
You didn't look hard enough. It's hard to read now since the old data ended up wierd when importing it from the old mx-3.com to the current bulletin board program. But in the KL swap part of the V6 FAQ, it says:

"The car running fine, but after a few minutes of highway driving the check engine light went on. What's wrong? I checked the error code: left and right side feedback system. The troubleshooting procedure was telling to check the components that could cause a too lean or too rich mixture. After a bit of thinking it came clear that the 1.8's VAF (Vane Airflow Sensor) calibration was different from the 2.5's. So I had to buy a VAF from a junk yard and that fixed the problem. WARNING! This sensor is very expensive (1300CDN at Mazda). If you intend to do the engine swap, make sure you buy it with the engine; you'll have a much better price"

Will it run? Sure. But it seems silly since they're so cheap to make your car run that much better.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”