broken in

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
lucky13

broken in

Post by lucky13 »

Just had my mx borken into. I go to lunch from work (with my wife's car)around 10:30, I decided to go home to pick up some food. When I got home my wife gives me some soup and I go back to work to eat it there. Before I left my house I thought to my self, should I drive my mx to work just for the fun of it. I told my self naaa I will drive it friday. Around 12:30 my wife shows up at my work to tell me she called the cops because someone broke into my car. I asked her what did they take. She told me she thinks just the radio. So I went to my boss and told him I am going home to check it out. When I got home my wife was standing there with 2 cops. One was just standing there and the other was finger printing the door. After the cops left I took a look into the car to see the damage. The driver side window was broken and thrown onto the side walk and little pices of glass all over the inside of my car. One of my friends heard noise and she looked out side and thats when she scared them away. The guys that did it did not even know how to take the hole radio. They just was able to take the face. The radio is just trash now, without the face. I think that was the only thing they wanted because the cds were still there. Another funny thing is that last friday I drove my car and did not pay atention to closing the door. I left the door open all day saterday and did not know untill sunday. I don't know what years do this but, if you don't hold the door nob up while the door is locked and your closing it, it will open or unlock. Now I need to get a new window and tint it the same as the other one and buy a new radio. :cry:
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Sorry to hear you had a break-in. Far as I know, all mazda's have or had that "handle-up" design to close the locked door. That, or you hafta use the key to lock the door. I have a 96 626, 90 MX-6, 95 MX-3 and the driver's doors all function that way. S'posed to decrease the chance that you'll lock the keys inside.
Image -Jim
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

A long time ago I left my mx in an unknow area (for me) all night and nothing happen. Now right out side my house. The only reason I don't like that handle thing is when the passanger takes for ever to close there door and I have to waite for them.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”