Front Lip?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cb mx3

Front Lip?

Post by cb mx3 »

I was wondering where I could find a front lip for my car and how much it would cost?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Meaning the GS lip? I checked http://www.Car-Part.com for CAD and US and nothing came up there. fwiw, bought my GS lip in great condition on ebay last winter for $44 USD shipped but they usually go for a bit more. You can go to car-part.com and submit a parts request that'll get sent to a billion wreckers, some of whom might reply with one available and a price. Post a [WTB] on this board too and keep an eye on ebay as they do come up every 1-2 months. Even if you could buy one from Mazda (if still available?), they probably would want an insane price.
Image -Jim
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

Yeah the GS lip is what I want. Thanks for the website, I'll check that out and I've been watching ebay. I would have put a [WTB] but I can't put a post in the buy/sell category yet as I am a new member. If ne body has one though that they want to sell I'd really like to hear from them as I want to put it on before I paint my car.

Thanks
Bling Bling

Front Lip?

Post by Bling Bling »

Like another post, there is a lip at fxdesigns.com if you want something a little more edgy!!
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

mazda discontinued them and before they did the wanted i believe 250 cdn per side.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

I was told to look in junk yards but the problem is there are no mx3's in junk yards around me so I would have to take a road trip looking one day I guess. Does ne 1 know how much they sell for at junk yards?
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

cb mx3 wrote:I was told to look in junk yards but the problem is there are no mx3's in junk yards around me so I would have to take a road trip looking one day I guess. Does ne 1 know how much they sell for at junk yards?
depends 100% on the junkyard. Around here there is not really a demand for mx3s and there are literally TONS in the yards. (Probably like 30 total just in London yards). So you can pick one up for less then 15 bucks. I picked up a gs spoiler and a hatch garnish for 10 bucks each....But if you only have a couple yards around you, they may jack up all the prices.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Neil

Post by Neil »

relisys_3200 wrote:
cb mx3 wrote:I was told to look in junk yards but the problem is there are no mx3's in junk yards around me so I would have to take a road trip looking one day I guess. Does ne 1 know how much they sell for at junk yards?
depends 100% on the junkyard. Around here there is not really a demand for mx3s and there are literally TONS in the yards. (Probably like 30 total just in London yards). So you can pick one up for less then 15 bucks. I picked up a gs spoiler and a hatch garnish for 10 bucks each....But if you only have a couple yards around you, they may jack up all the prices.
Like Relisy's said, it depends totally on the junkyard. Were i am the owner of the local junkyard bids crazy money on MX-3's at the autopac auctions because he knows the parts are in high demand were i live. Its cheaper to for me to get most parts elsewere as my junkyard wants way to much for mostly every MX-3 part. They wanted $300 for a stock spoiler i kept going back and bugging them for 5 months until they gave it to me for $50 becuase nobody would buy it.

If you cant find one for a decent price wait, eventually one will show up on here for ebay for a good price. Another thing to do would be if you have a weekend you can spend taking a road trip. Go visit junk yards or look them up in the phone book around your arena and call a head of time.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

I know a guy out of Montreal that can make fiberglass copies for 150$ CDN cash.

I bought one, and a friend also bought one from him, and the quality is exceptional. The fiberglass is thick and I scraped a few times with it and it never broke. I ended up selling it to someone after purchasing a MS front.

PM me if you want his contact info.
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

So if I call up a junk yard would they know what I'm talking about if I asked for a front lip? Or should I call junkyards and see if they have mx-3's with the front bumper on them? Thanks for all the help so far too.

Return to “Appearance”