times rise at race track

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
fieromx3
Supporting Member

times rise at race track

Post by fieromx3 »

when i was at the race track not to long ago my times each run kept gettin higher and higher. my first run was best of the night doin 17.5 at 80mph then i kept racing more and more and i was doin consistent 18.1+ e.t.'s. im thinkin this is cause by intense heat built up from very high revving. if this is the case is there any tips i can do to keep heat down without phenolics or changin stuff like rad and all that stuff? i was thinkin of taking out my thermostat to let it flow(i had this on my stanza and it was running cool until i put one in) i tried a manual fan switch but that didnt bring temperature down one bit! i was also thinkin of bag of ice on intake manifold
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

buy a 6 cylinder
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

DavidOS wrote:buy a 6 cylinder
i do got the v6 but its automatic :cry:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

fieromx3 wrote:i do got the v6 but its automatic :cry:
Then what are you doing at the track? Shouldn't you be driving Ms Daisy?
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

haha very funny maybe cuz i find it fun its not like im gonna do it on the streets like a dumbass even if i am only doin 17.5 i just thought it would be fun to go down the track with a car thats fairly quick COMPARED to my stanza that would probly do 25 sec 1/4 mile! so rite now tips would be better than talkin like a jackass
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

lakersfan1 wrote:
Take a look at any Dragster most or all of them are auto's.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I have an automatic maxima running around 15.5 up to 16 :) 3.0 v6... my friends vette stingray is automatic. he can smoke the crap out of me...of course my manual kfze mx3 can do better with some tunning I have been doing to it. :) not better than the vette.. but maxima yea :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Trevor wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:
Take a look at any Dragster most or all of them are auto's.
Yeah and they only run on 2 gears and the dragsters have 800hp+.

How many miles do you have on your Auto MX3?
This may sound umb but maybe the tranny is getting weaker?
The bad ATX trannies are a known problem with the MX3...
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

It's the heat, it can make at least a .5+ sec difference on the v6. A few things to try, turn your car off in the staging lanes or even park for a bit between runs and leave your hood popped facing into the breeze if possible, I shaved .5 off my ET when I did this on the K8, I have yet to try the ICE on the IM but im sure it would work as well if not better.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

How many miles do you have on your Auto MX3?
This may sound umb but maybe the tranny is getting weaker?
The bad ATX trannies are a known problem with the MX3...
well my car has 180,000 kms on it and my tranny has about 4000 kms on it and ive been doin some searchin and it seems like my torque converter is goin. also would taking the thermostat out make it run cooler or would this do bad to my engine?
Last edited by fieromx3 on September 4th, 2005, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

also juan if ur talkin bout the sport compact dragsters they run on 3-4 gears supras with the atx have a 3speed and other like civics, ecotecs etc. have im pretty sure 4 speeds
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Trevor wrote: Take a look at any Dragster most or all of them are auto's.
And how many of those are running MAZDA slush boxes?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Guys, guys, he's making due with what he has, no point to get all over his case.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

and besides, there isnt a person here that can outshift a auto box
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah thats true...auto mx3 :S not the best drag car..and trannies are not well built..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”