KL-ZE Project (New photos added as of February 25, 2006)

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

papa roached wrote:you can run your K8 TB till you find a millenia one, at least it will get the car running
I purchased KL68 TB this morning from car-parts.com $65+$20 (shipping). :D
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

mike_moss wrote:Very hot!
TY Mike :)
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

New photos added to original post!! :wink:
jorcool13

Post by jorcool13 »

Where can I buy a KL-ZE engine, transmision and engine parts?
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

jorcool13 wrote:Where can I buy a KL-ZE engine, transmision and engine parts?
You can read this to get more info on challenges that you might have.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=44752

I purchased my KL-ZE on ebay from (SilverStone Engines) DO NOT BUY FORM HIM!!! This guy is crook!!!
He sourced engine from F&F Japanese Motors.
I paid $1,200 CND (tax and shipping in) for KL-ZE with Millenia IM+TB+VAF. When engine arrived it was NOT one that he was selling/advertising on ebay, and I was asked by trucking company to pay extra $140 for engine to be delivered to my address, I was happy to see that engine was KL-ZE, but unfortunately without MIllenia IM. It took me 3 months and over 70 emails to get Millenia IM (without TB). I would be extremely watchful. I purchased TB from http://car-part.com/ and KL31 ECU from ebay. MX6 tranny was purchased from local wreck yard ($400).
jorcool13

Post by jorcool13 »

And where can I buy engine parts like pistons, piston head, etc???????????
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Very impressive. One question though. I thought that the ZE's normally come with one shy water thermosensor and that's why we have to migrate our K8 over. It appears that your engine while still tied to the pallet looks like it has all of the thermosensors already. How can that be??? Although you did mention your disatisfaction with the supplier did they happen to mention the approximate mileage? From your removed VC, the impregnated colour from the oil onto the cam area in side the VC looks to be either a higher mileage engine or inadequate oil change frequency. How's the compression ratio?
I do like the matching VC colour and the offsetting IM colour - IT WORKS!!
The milk carton has gotta go though .... LOL. Please more pics when she's back from the paint shop and all back together. Gonna have to take it off the road for our winters now .... too nice lookin' now!!

This is your's;

And this is the inside of "Meep's" 92 K8 (mileage unknown but suffering some HLA problems at time of this pic - hope you don't mind Anne)
The lesser the discolouration the lesser the mileage .... usually. The real engine experts from this BB could give a much better appraisal on this than I.

Custommx3 wrote:You should have bead blasted it instead of sand blasted it.
I had my KL IM glass bead blasted, looks more metallic.
Did you coat it or do anything to protect it after the bead blasting?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: KL-ZE Project (New photos added to original post!!!!!)

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3ze wrote:KL-ZE and MX6 Tranny

Did you happen to have both tranny's side by each and if so was there any tell tale visibal signs to distinguish the MX6 from the MX3? Any stampings or markings to reflect it as an MX6 tranny?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

you made it look easy :D
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

jschrauwen wrote:
mx3ze wrote:KL-ZE and MX6 Tranny

Did you happen to have both tranny's side by each and if so was there any tell tale visibal signs to distinguish the MX6 from the MX3? Any stampings or markings to reflect it as an MX6 tranny?
Yes.
Visible differences are: tranny’s mounts (shape and position) and sensor connectors (speedometer, back-up light and oil). You have to use all stock mounts and sensors.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3ze wrote: Yes.
Visible differences are: tranny’s mounts (shape and position) and sensor connectors (speedometer, back-up light and oil). You have to use all stock mounts and sensors.
Hey, thanks very much. Wrt engine mounts - it's still a direct bolt up, is it not? Wrt sensor connectors, is it a different connector all together and requires wire cutting and soldering or just unscrewing MX6 units and directly fitting the MX3 mounts and sensors? Basically, it's not too difficult a retrofit is it? A shady tree mechanic like myself shouldn't have too many problems - right? I more than likely get a professional to install due to limitations of place to install. But your feedback and do's and don't's will be a great asset to pass on to the mechanic. Thanks,
john
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

jschrauwen wrote:
mx3ze wrote: Yes.
Hey, thanks very much. Wrt engine mounts - it's still a direct bolt up, is it not? Wrt sensor connectors, is it a different connector all together and requires wire cutting and soldering or just unscrewing MX6 units and directly fitting the MX3 mounts and sensors? Basically, it's not too difficult a retrofit is it? A shady tree mechanic like myself shouldn't have too many problems - right? I more than likely get a professional to install due to limitations of place to install. But your feedback and do's and don't's will be a great asset to pass on to the mechanic. Thanks,
john

Hi John
I’m not mechanic either (I’m IT Project Manager). Tranny is bolt in swap! Sensors are same on mx3 and mx6 tranny except connectors (only difference is plug on end of cable). It’s up to you to swap sensor or plug (connector).
Best regards,
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

(New photos added as of Sept. 28 2005)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

The read valve covers make it look awesome. I wouild suggest polishing the hell out of the intake manifold. It would go together nicely then.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

I talked to a guy a few days ago that has a KL-ZE in his probe GT and he said that you get more HP with this head.
Over his head is that true?
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”