Drag Night report

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Trevor

Drag Night report

Post by Trevor »

Well it wasn't such a good night at the drag strip. Before I even got there the car started to over heat due to me not tightening the rad cap fully after checking my coolant b4 we left no prob though I filled the rad tightened the cap and off i went. Then when I got there I needed to find a bungy cord to tie my battery down so I could pass tech inspection. about 9:30 i finaly pull up to the line for my first pass I do a burn out with not much wheel hop. I pull up to the line, start to stage the light went green I realesed my clutch (didn't pop it) pressed the gas and nothing...

I pushed my car off the track to find out I snaped my left axle :x fortunatly it is under warrenty so I'll have her up and running on wed.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I did 3 runs

-First run was a 15.5, which is actually good for a first run, I usually shave off time after the first run, so I was fairly confident.
-Second run I hopped too much, that the brake handle jumped and made the light on the dash fash, so i hesitated until i realised what it was, than in 3rd gear i got that hesitation at around 5000rpms, it sat there for about2 seconds and continued on, I finished with a 16.6
-Third run, nervous about braking something (after Trevor snapped an axle, and a bunch of other people kept breaking stuff, and my significant hesitation the last race) I pulled a 15.8...

Hey Trev, what time did they come get you/you get home? Did the car tow ok?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well doesnt look like i missed a whole lot. so if u guys get ur car fixed would u consider another track day this year? i missed out last nite cuz of mapquest. if u consider would london be to far for u?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Drag Night report

Post by mitmaks »

Trevor wrote:Well it wasn't such a good night at the drag strip. Before I even got there the car started to over heat due to me not tightening the rad cap fully after checking my coolant b4 we left no prob though I filled the rad tightened the cap and off i went. Then when I got there I needed to find a bungy cord to tie my battery down so I could pass tech inspection. about 9:30 i finaly pull up to the line for my first pass I do a burn out with not much wheel hop. I pull up to the line, start to stage the light went green I realesed my clutch (didn't pop it) pressed the gas and nothing...

I pushed my car off the track to find out I snaped my left axle :x fortunatly it is under warrenty so I'll have her up and running on wed.
why did you burn out (stock tires?) theres no benefit to burnout stock tires
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

fieromx3 wrote: i missed out last nite cuz of mapquest. if u consider would london be to far for u?
is there a london speedway? if so then it would be a possibility (after my engine's break-in periode...couple weeks)
as for directions, mapquest is GARBAGE. use google.
maps.google.ca
it even has satelite view :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

He's refering to St. Thomas speedway
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

yea the track is called st. thomas dragway its about 15-20kms away from london. and deimos what u mean u gotta break in ur engine is it ur kl-ze? if it is i dont think u need to break it in unless its brand new just a good highway run would do it good. and i will try google sometime when i go somewhere again. if we all do go to cayuga id like to meet up with someone so i could get there i guess im to retarded to follow simple directions
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

sparda and grand bend have 1/4 tracks here.
and both byy the beach
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

DavidOS wrote:sparda and grand bend have 1/4 tracks here.
and both byy the beach
do u mean the track on spard road? cuz if it is isnt that st. thomas on the map it shows just outside st. thomas. as of grand bend how far is that from kitchener?
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

sparda track is like 10 mins from port stanley beach,
and grand bend is the same near grand bend beaches...

aaand, kitchener would not be far from grandbend or port stanley
goto mapquest for ETAs if driving
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i just found out now on grand bends website that this friday is street warz!! street legal cars ONLY which means it would be sports compacts mostly its this fri. sept. 9th
Trevor

Re: Drag Night report

Post by Trevor »

why did you burn out (stock tires?) theres no benefit to burnout stock tires[/quote]

Ok to be honest I thought my tire would grab a bit better if they were wramer. that is why I did the burnout. next time I go, I won't bunout. I will just race and hopfully make it down the track.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

aaand, kitchener would not be far from grandbend or port stanley goto mapquest for ETAs if driving
i am not using mapquest again. so there r 2 tracks in st. thomas that r like 10mins. apart?
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

fieromx3 wrote:
aaand, kitchener would not be far from grandbend or port stanley goto mapquest for ETAs if driving
i am not using mapquest again. so there r 2 tracks in st. thomas that r like 10mins. apart?
lol, where did you get 2 tracks in St. Thomas from???
There is a track in Port Stanley, a track in Grand Bend, and a track in St. Thomas. Those are the closest to London.
Map quest will not let you down.....you just have to know how to read a map.....

and I think Nd4SPD has some tracks listed on that big map he made.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ok i dunno what the hell i was thinkin 2 tracks in st. thomas. i think i got mixed up or somethin anyway where abouts is port stanley?

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”