need help ASAP

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

need help ASAP

Post by fieromx3 »

i just put new front pads on and now my brakes go right to the floor!! there is no air in the lines and my fluid is topped up. i did only the front pads and did is as per the instructions and they r on EXACTLY the way they always were. i need help now to make it to cayuga tonite.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

if i have brand new pads up front but older pads that r more than likely worn would that also make the pedal spongey?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Have you bled your lines @ all?
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

Custommx3 wrote:Have you bled your lines @ all?
well my brakes r workin now but no i didnt bleed them
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

they always take time to work properly again because when u take off the pads you will most likly depress the piston inside of the caliper and well yah it does take a short while for the brakes to feel normal again
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

fieromx3 wrote:
Custommx3 wrote:Have you bled your lines @ all?
well my brakes r workin now but no i didnt bleed them
um you need to bleed your brakes...its a must when the pedal goes to the floor..even if its topped off.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i said i didnt need to bleed brakes becuz i never took the lines off or loosened or even touched the brake lines and my dad just took it out for a test drive and he says its more than likely my master cylinder. he was a mechanic so he porbly is right. he also said my transmission is a POS and it doesnt got no snap to it lol

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”