ZE Tune Up

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shawno

ZE Tune Up

Post by shawno »

Hey i have a ze and its running like s---

Im thinking it needs a tune up, but i was wondering about everything i should change

Like the distruber cap, rotor, spark plugs, and wires, fuel filter, do i need to change the pcv valve to, and anything if im missing anything.
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Make sure that your plugwires aren't crossed before you try other options.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

and also make sure your timing is right... could just be a misaligned disty
shawno

Post by shawno »

no im sure i need this stuff two of my plug wires a cracked , the part that goes on to the plug.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Also consider air filter or if using CAI, clean and re-oil and ensure it's routed into the fender well. Was a TB / idle adjustments done after ZE install. Are you running compatible components wrt ECU, IM, TB, VAF exhaust/headers, etc. How old are the O2's, Cat, pre-silencer, and muffler?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
shawno

Post by shawno »

the O2 are good everything checks out, but when i did the swap i used the K8 everything for the ignition and i think it needs to be updated, i dont no how old everything is on it.

but when i go get the new cap and rotor and al the good stuff do i just buy for a K8 motor and it will be all fine.

And spark plugs are they the same in the K8 and the ZE
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

what about ecu?
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Right, K8 IM, TB, VAF and ECU. Plugs - there's a few recnt threads on this - NGK BKR6E's - Iridium or platinum will work well - Canadian. Stock air box - K&N re-usable filter. Disty cap and rotor - if 92/93 - OBD I and if the normal transplant was done than you should have a the K8 disty cap and rotor. Follow me and a bunch of other Toronto MX'rs to Whitby this evening and we can hash a lot of this stuff out. Meet me at the Timmy's at the 401/Trenton exit (south side) at 6:45 tonight and we'll go from there. My contact info is in the Toronto Forum.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”