Throttle body cleaner...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Throttle body cleaner...

Post by MX-3 Money »

Is there such a thing, I thought I saw it at Canadian Tire once but didn't see it today. Now I saw carburetor cleaner but I thought I heard that its to harsh for TB's? Maybe not?
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

They do sell it, maybe all out now.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It works well too, but careful the car will run like crap for a bit. Don't get scared it will go away after a day at most.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

yeah i used the TB cleaner on mine and after driveing for a little bit the car was acting normal and didnt have sticky s--- in the intake
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I completely took the whole im off and sprayed it with carb cleaner..left it clean to the metal except nthe areas that are hard to get to (v6) There was a littloe piple that 9i sprayed a couple of secs and alot of black stuff came out. Also i installed an oil catch can just in case.. so now that I did my swap I noticed the engines valves are CLEAN.. :) to bad the engines fate is to sit there and do nothing until my engine dies... or i sell it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

does this make a noticable power increase though?

is it actually worth getting all the crap out of there?
1997, Silver, V6
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah it really is o.0 i mean besides it should be clean.. to burn fuel more efficiently. You will notice more mpg. Also clean valves are a beautifull thing! Make sure you clean the passage where the pvc valve goes trough and well everything. If you spray it with carb cleaner it will leave it as a metal finish and well look new. Takes around 1 hr to 1.5 hrs . Its quite simple to remove im and reinstert.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”