HELP new tranny and now it wont start!!!!!!!!!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
m92_MX3

HELP new tranny and now it wont start!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by m92_MX3 »

ok well today me and my friednd put my motor back in with the new trans (only has 55k on it) and i went to start it and nothing i tried bleeding the clutch line and the pedal is like almost dead it feels to me so now i am thinking that the clutch isnt engageing but i must tell you there is no tranny fluid in it but i dont think that would matter. umm i was thinking my slave cyl might be bad but i dont think thats it becuase we used the one off the new tranny soo i am kinda lost could it be something wiht the clutch ? maybe i didnt put the throwout bearing on right or the clutch on the wrong holes or something. i dont know but i am lossed so any imput will help me. i have did three motor swaps in the passed 3 months and one auto to manual swap on 4 hondas and now its my car that is giveing me s---! so thanks for anything

THANKS
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: HELP new tranny and now it wont start!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by atlantamx3 »

m92_MX3 wrote:i must tell you there is no tranny fluid in it but i dont think that would matter.
Uhh we have a hydraulic clutch system... that totally matters. the fluid in the lines is what moves all the parts.

Matter of fact- thats probably your problem.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Wait... WTF... how can you bleed the clutch lines of you dont have any fluid in it?
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

no the trans has no tranny fluid in it the lines do
but i got what the deal wiht it was when i thought about it
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”