Im trying to find a strut bar

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
BornSticky

Im trying to find a strut bar

Post by BornSticky »

Im trying to find aa strut bar that looks good but is reasonably priced I would rather go for price then looks more so at least ....
Cheapest one that looks pretty good is from andy's auto sport and its actually cheaper then all the ones that I have found off ebay which are all complete crap!

toucan $42.07CAD with shipping
http://www.andysautosport.com/products. ... rut%20Bars
Ractive $59.07CAD with shipping
cardomain

I live in BC Canada so shipping usually hurts me A LOT!!!!

Any help would be great thanx
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

the toucan brand is what i am looking at for my 94 gs it is made from t604 aluminum if i remember correctly but yea, pretty good choice
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

thanks for the reply
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

toucan & ractive is the same strutbar...

If you want something that really helps, a Cusco strutbar would be best.
I think I`ve seen something from them for the Mx3.

Or you can make it yourself.
Thats what a friend of mine did.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I got front a rear bars from nopionline and they were resonabley priced and fit great
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I'll add another vote for the NOPIONLINE bars. With a little modification we even got the front to fit over my Millenia IM on the ZE.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Yah, Toucan and Ractive are the same bars and also appear to me to be the same as those sold on ebay. I have the "Toucan" bars on front and rear and seems to be a very good mod for the money - really nice handling improvement. Installing anything more expensive IMO would ideally be a solid 1-piece bar for any real significant improvement over the Toucan/Ractive but there are others on the BB who would probably disagree. :shrug:
Image -Jim
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm I was about to ask about the ones from ebay.. I got mine for 12 dllrs shipped and it seems to work fine.. is it just the brand we would be paying? I want a rear one BADLY since after installing the front one it feelt better.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

u can get the Ractive/Toucan bars from canadian tire in alberta i did anyways, came to like 51 shipped

they order them through keystone

word of warning they changed the bar so its more boring now but no biggy
not as same as pic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

You ever think about spending another $30 and getting a Corksport one? They are awesome. I have front and rear and they really help.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

One thing I noticed about the Ractive bar is that because of the high under hood temps, it really starts to lose it's structural integrity.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”