Seriously looking into Mazdaspeed struts

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Update

Springs came in, all I need to do is go pick them up at the USP store. Picctures coming as soon as I get a break from school to put all these parts in the car.
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

I feel the Eibachs are too soft vs. the H&Rs. Paired with the ZX2 struts, they performed well for both daily driving and autox.

Don't have any exp. with the B+G springs.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
sk8erdude802

Got it done

Post by sk8erdude802 »

I finally found the time to put the hardware in. It was crazy. The hardest part about the project was getting the holes at the bottom in the middle and getting it all back in the car. I rides awesome but the bad news is when I went to Sears to get the car aligned they said I had some bad lower ball joints...He wanted around 270 to replace them. The parts are around 49$ from auto zone so I’m going to do the install and save the cash. Car rides amazing even not being aligned.

STeve-O

I'll have before and after pictures up as soon as I can take pictures. The only real difference is the front end is about half an inch higher. Speaking of that, the car was lowered (by the previous owner) and had a coil cut off the front springs. One of the shocks was blown too. Glad to have it fixed.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Got it done

Post by jschrauwen »

sk8erdude802 wrote: I rides awesome.
Car rides amazing even not being aligned.
That's mostly the case after a new install of struts and springs. If it didn't get the required camber adjustments/bolts done or alignment, you'll experience excessive negative camber which gives the driver a feedback impression of incredible stiction and cornering ability. Once the correct camber is set and an alignment is done the feel will be more neutral, smoother and easier flowing. If not done with dispatch, you'll see excessive tire wear on the insides of the tire and can litterally destroy a good set of tires in one season.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

I just picked up the ball joints at auto zone. Putting them in this weekend.

Steve-O

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”