b6t question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
95 rs

b6t question

Post by 95 rs »

ok so i started the swap today and well i kinda ran into a snag. i got the 95 dohc and well the harnesses for the fuel rails are different like they wont plug into eachother so i am just wondering what some of you guys who have done this swap have done im thinking of splicing the end from my fuel rail onto the b6t harness but im just curious of what you guys have done so plz help me out here.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

someone please i know that quite a few of you guys have done it so plz let me know what you have done......
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I used my b6DE intake. The wiring is going to be alllll different. I spliced new plugs for the injectors BTW.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

see i cant use my old intake so im using the b6t intake and well im just wondering if i can splice the female ends of the harness cuz if i can i will and well im willing to do alot of splicing of the wires to make it work better if i need to. im just wondering if i can possibly use the b6de wiring for the fuel rail on the b6t so i can save lots of time but ifn ot ill splice. im just wondering what the others have done...... maybe i ll just end up using my head i donno it might be the easiest.....
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

95 rs wrote:see i cant use my old intake so im using the b6t intake and well im just wondering if i can splice the female ends of the harness cuz if i can i will and well im willing to do alot of splicing of the wires to make it work better if i need to. im just wondering if i can possibly use the b6de wiring for the fuel rail on the b6t so i can save lots of time but ifn ot ill splice. im just wondering what the others have done...... maybe i ll just end up using my head i donno it might be the easiest.....
Use the stock head...get it ported. Your stock head flows better than a B6T head. You can then use your stock manifold and all the wiring. Also no cutting of the hood for a scoop. How are you controlling fuel?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

yah i decided i was gonna use my head and well im in the midst of gettinga fpr so thats how i plan on controlling the fuel. Would it be possible for me to use the B6T fpr for now until i can save up some more money?
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ok now for anyone who has swapped heads with the b6t..... on the b6t theres a connector on the back of the block that is connected to the fuel rail what do i need to do with that or do i even need to worry about it?? im gonna splice all the connectors from the b6t injectors to my harness and well i plan on getting the SAFC II soon and am wondering do i really need something to controll my fuel if im only gonna run about 7 psi for right now?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

95 rs wrote:ok now for anyone who has swapped heads with the b6t..... on the b6t theres a connector on the back of the block that is connected to the fuel rail what do i need to do with that or do i even need to worry about it?? im gonna splice all the connectors from the b6t injectors to my harness and well i plan on getting the SAFC II soon and am wondering do i really need something to controll my fuel if im only gonna run about 7 psi for right now?
I think your stock injectors are good for about 5psi. After that you will run lean. I would at least get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

well im going to be using the b6t injectors and well im just wondering if there is any possibility of me using the b6t fpr for now and ill get the rrfpr as soon as i get the money. i just wanna get my car back on the road since its been almost a month now.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

The B6T injectors wont work. They are a different resistance compared to the Stock MX3 injectors. You are better off running the stock injectors and stay outta boost until you can get an AFC.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i was told earlier that i can use the 323 injectors..... but i donno i kinda trust you more but i dont really know......... is there any other kind of injectors that i can use that would allow me to go with more boost?
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

if i get the rrfpr how much boost can i go with?? and what do u mean the resistance is different?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I am using Protege injectors. They are 310cc. I have an Apexi AFC so I can tone them up or down if necessary. The amount of resistance internally in the injectors are different. So if you hook up the wrong injectors you can either damage the injectors or the wiring. There is low and high impedance injectors. I think ours are high.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ok so id be better off with the protege injectors after i get the safc II?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

95 rs wrote:ok so id be better off with the protege injectors after i get the safc II?
yup
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Forced Induction”