Shifter Bushings..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
synap
Supporting Member

Shifter Bushings..

Post by synap »

Looky what I got

Finally got the shifter bushings, extension rod bushing and the 3rd link... :) Now to install them...there where no directions or diagrams included with these and I am kinda lost in what to do...they where also packaged in sandwich baggies :? .

Does anyone have a how-to/directions on how these all go together? Read that that I need to grind off the 3rd link bolt, also not too sure where the 2nd pair of bushing go(not shifter ones other end)..

Thanks,
Dave
Keira

Post by Keira »

this might help you:
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701062137

I have never done this myself... but I am getting ready to soon.
Where did you get your parts from?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Keira wrote:this might help you:
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701062137
I have never done this myself... but I am getting ready to soon.
Where did you get your parts from?
http://www.srdperformance.com/
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

I'll check out the link, thanks. Yup there are from SRD, but I went throught http://www.psituning.ca to order them.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

there's is really nothin to it..just remove the old one and replace it with the srd..you don't need instruction for that
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Macen

Post by Macen »

Mail SRD about instructions, I think they will mail them to you. I ordered my 3rd link from SRD, and got 3 papers with instructions.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Gimme a fax # if ya have one available and I'll fax the instruction sheets. Pretty sure I've got still got em. Sorry I can't scan the hard copy into pdf's right now cuz I have a brand new printer/scanner that is giving me fits. If one of those bushings is the SRD extension rod bushing, GroHarlem has a how-to for that install here... http://www.projectmazda.com/howto/bushings/
Image -Jim
kkyin

Post by kkyin »

I have problem putting my tools in to remove the bolt on the extension bar.
The exhaust pipe is blocking it, any good route that I can go?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Depending on how tight the clearance is, and your available assortment of universal-joint socket extensions, might be worth either buying a couple u-joint skt. extensions or dropping the down-pipe to get clearance. If dropping the pipe, should be able to unfasten just the front end of the pipe and lower the exhaust assembly enough by temporary removal of the foward and middle area rubber pipe hangers. You'll need one new downpipe gasket for reassembly.
Image -Jim
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

Emailed psi and they send me some directions, thanks neutral for the offer and that link! 8) (if any one else would like those directions let me know)

time to get out the WD-40!!
Keira

Post by Keira »

i'm glad you found what you were looking for.

before this thread dies i have a question. my shifter is really stiff and it kinda stops in the middle (neutral) while i am shifting through... if you know what i mean. if i am driving for a while and shifting a lot my arm actually gets sore from pulling so hard. and it makes a squeeking noise when i move it. what would you suggest, just oil it up or might it be something else?
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

Keira wrote:i'm glad you found what you were looking for.

before this thread dies i have a question. my shifter is really stiff and it kinda stops in the middle (neutral) while i am shifting through... if you know what i mean. if i am driving for a while and shifting a lot my arm actually gets sore from pulling so hard. and it makes a squeeking noise when i move it. what would you suggest, just oil it up or might it be something else?
the directions say to put some grease on the bushing before you insert them and tighten the bolt. It also mentions if it is too hard to shift you can slighty lossen the nut, so there is less friction against the fork and the shifter.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Grease?
Would that be ordinary grease or bronze grease? (like the one used near brakes)
'92 GS
My worklog
Macen

Post by Macen »

Keira wrote:before this thread dies i have a question. my shifter is really stiff and it kinda stops in the middle (neutral) while i am shifting through... if you know what i mean. if i am driving for a while and shifting a lot my arm actually gets sore from pulling so hard. and it makes a squeeking noise when i move it. what would you suggest, just oil it up or might it be something else?
Try to loose the nut under the shifter. Tightening it will make it harder, loosen it will make it softer.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'd use lithuim grease cause it doesn't wash away, but either axle grease (multi-purpose) or brake grease will work fine. Funny about those directions, I bought the controll arm ones and knew that I'd have to press the old one out, but when it pressed out it left a metal sleave in. I didn't know if I needed the sleave out or not and found that the bushing fits with the sleave in so I guessed correctly. Luc needs to make sure he sends a copy with every part so that we idiots can get some directions. I know he sells to distributors alot, but if he included the directions with the part then the distributor wouldn't need to worry about it, which they obviously don't. hehehe
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”