replacing spark plugs

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

if you got long needle nose pliers...or long sticks will take it out
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

i used a piece of wire to get the rubber piece back from my cheap spark plug socket just bend the end so you can hook under it and pull. long needle nose plyers would probably be a eck of a lot easier tho but i didnt have any
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

kkyin wrote:The plastic piece that's in the socket now came loose and now is stuck on the spark plug, any good way to get it out?
Put the socket back on the ratchet and push down on the plug again - remove spark plug - take spark plug out of socket - ensure or push rubber insulator back into socket or perhaps use some sort of bonding agent to keep the rubber piece inside socket for future use.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”