Wiring alarm to flash

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Redlined

Wiring alarm to flash

Post by Redlined »

Ive got an alarm its hooked up to well umm alarm haha when the door is opened car is hit you know etc. etc. It has a connection to make the 4 ways flash when you hit the button like most alarms do. The question I am wondering is where do I hook this into my car? can I wire it into the wires behind the 4 way flashers button or does it go somewhere else? any help would be appreciated

thx
mike
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

1. find the parking light flash output from alarm (must be a +12 output when flashing)

2. find the Red/Black wire at the Dimmer Control Switch

3. test the red/black wire to make sure it is the parking lights with a DMM

4. Attach the alarm output to the parking light wire, connect and test.

5. Now secure wire with solder and tape.

If it didn't work u got the wrong wire and didnt test properly and might have screwed something up. Or if you dont know what I am talking about. Do another search, go to school, or get someone else to do it.

:lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

yeah thats not gonna work for me haha. I should have said this ok I have the projectors and angel eyes are hooked up to come on with the first click of the lights only and not the corner markers so thats why I was wondering about the 4 way flashers thing because If I wire it the way you have suggested then only my angel eyes and tail lights would blink. Is it possible to make the signals blink?
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

With a DMM, find the wire that sends a POS or NEG signal when the hazard switch is pressed. You may need to also locate and test the wires at the hazard relay under the dash.

if all you find is a NEG and your alarm has a POS output, using a relay can reverse the polarity.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
celawyn

your question to alarm hookup

Post by celawyn »

The output for your flashers is connected by your fuse panel. There are two green type plugs that connect around your fuse panel. One of them has a small red/black wire (if i remember correct it is the first one on the top left of the connecttion) which is about a 20guage wire. You need to connect your vehicle parking light wire of your alarm to this wire. This will make your marker lights flash

My Question,

do you know what wire is for the door switch which tells you that your door is open? Im trying to connect my door switch wire but can't find the right wire for it to connect to.

also my domelight supervision wire i cannot find on my mx3 1996

email me please at celawyn@mts.net
thank you
den

Re: your question to alarm hookup

Post by den »

do you know what wire is for the door switch which tells you that your door is open? Im trying to connect my door switch wire but can't find the right wire for it to connect to.

also my domelight supervision wire i cannot find on my mx3 1996

(-)Negative Door Input = (-)red/white @ 3 pin plug above fuse box.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”