Howdy!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Lost Sheep

Howdy!

Post by Lost Sheep »

I just found your site, alot of useful info here. I have owned my White 92 MX3 GS for about 4 years now.(Lovin it). I have now decided to start rebuilding it. So far I have, tinted the windows, K&N intake, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, NGK wires and plugs, vent visors and of course the slammin audio system. Next is the KLZE swap, is corksport the only place to get one? Anyways, thought I would say hi, Cya's.
White 92 MX3 GS
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Welcome to the board. I have a '95 RS so don't pay strict attention to all things "KLZE". You'll probably get a few responses to this thread but should also try the "search" link at top of the page, using keywords like <KLZE swap> or <KLZE suppliers> or <buy KLZE>. Tons of past threads that talk about options for sourcing one and I recall reading of some dissatisfied Corksport customers on this subject....
Image -Jim
Lost Sheep

Post by Lost Sheep »

Sorry about not doing a search first, my bad! :shock:
White 92 MX3 GS
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Yeah, the V6 forum will probably have all your answers. Swaps are often tool-throwing, learning experiences, but they are very rewarding.

There may be a few JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) dealers in your area, but I don't know of any specifically. Corksport does swaps for you (I believe) if you have the money, so that is an option.
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Welcome to the board Lost Sheep. Cork Sport is one option if your mechanical skills aren't the greatest. Check around with local garages if they can do engine swaps. If you're looking for an engine locally, the only place that I know of is JK Japanese. They're a little on the expensive side but you can negotiate a better deal with them. Last time I was there, there was at least a good half dozen KLZE's there.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

gimmi a pm i am in vancouver and going to do klze soon.....we can buy same time try swingle a good deal lol
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Im also looking to jump on the swap band wagon, perhaps if we find a good spot we can do a group deal, im sure we can get a decent deal if 3 of us are planning to buy. Im in Surrey, so in between you 2.
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

lol it sounds to me like we are going to be doin a big group buy of engines and then a big group install lol...:P three engines one weekend...can they do it?
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

well if i dont get mine soon from this crappy shop then i am in the market too
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Just to let all you swappers know, Dali and myself are willing to do engine swaps for ppl. We have minor conditions, and low prices. You can PM me or Dali and ask about it. About the distance, if you want a weekend away from home, I'm willing to put you up at my place while the swap is getting done. Big house, bigger shop.

Mr_Shorty
Lost Sheep

Post by Lost Sheep »

Sad news, Looks like I have to put it on hold now, (new roof on my house) :(
White 92 MX3 GS
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

everyone was just getting excited too... 8)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”