Fast Car Stories

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Robotaz

Fast Car Stories

Post by Robotaz »

What's the best handling/fastest/quickest car that you've driven? Describe it compared to an MX3 if it's relevant.

I've driven porsches, vettes, 300 Zs, supras, all kinds of muscle cars, RX7s, etc, and the fastest and best handling car that I ever drove was a '92 VW GTI. The fastest is a ridiculous Buick Grand National drag car.

The GN comparison is stupid, but I think, as the proud owner of both, that GTIs and MX3s are champs when mentioning well-rounded in the same sentence as fastest/ quickest/best handling, etc car.

Anyone?
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

a GTI was your best handling car?? Wow, the best handling car for me ever has been my friends 300zx. He has an N/A handles like a dream. I took corners with that faster than I ever thought possible. He has nice aftermarket suspension.

Fastest was deff my uncles 442 convertable. Big heavy and beautiful with balls.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Best handeling car proly my buddy 86 toyota MR2...
Fastest car is my friends 375hp STi, damn it pulls hard, also handles really good.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

skyline gtr and the evo5 with tons of $ in it.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Best handling - Porsche 911s Turbo convertible

Fastest - 69 Nova (not my old nova either) Lt1 350 with tons of bolt on goodies bolted to a built 2 speed powerglide auto trans.. this thing was insane.. 95 MPH in 1st gear.. when you hit 2nd at that speed it would torque the car sideways across 2 lanes of traffic. Was a friends car.. 0-60 in just over 4 seconds.. never got the chance to take it to the track.. 2 weeks after he finished the car.. his wife wrapped it around a light pole.. :shock:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Wow this is a hard question. Best handling.... I would have to say an 05 MINI Cooper S with upgraded suspension and the John Cooper Works kit. Over 200 horses and turns on a dime. Fastest car is tough. I have driven many cars including a BMW Z8 that was crazy fast, BMW M5, turbocharged M3 and so on...
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

older impreza handles great, and my mx3 of course,
rode in low 11 sec Charger, fastest
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Best handeling car I have rode in was a 85 RX-7 with alot put into the suspension. This was a car built for autox and man did it take corners like a dream. Now the fastest car I have been in was actually a Honda civic that my friend built which did low 10's in the quarter.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

I love knowing that there are 375 hp STis out there. That's scary. And a civic running 1/4 mile in 10 sec? That's freakin crazy. I was wondering if imports would fare best in handling and worst in speed, but pleasantly surprised by comments.

mitmaks i love that charger. Do you ever jump it and scream yeeeeeeeee haaaaw!?
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

fastest i have driven comes down to a SRT-4 and the best handling/most fun was a 2004 S2000
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

I really wanna drive an S2000, they sound badass.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

This is going to sound strange, but one of the best handling cars I have driven is my friends (RIP) hooked up 99 VW Beetle...that thing huged the road like a high school boy on the prom queen. Maybe it's just a lack of driving other top end cars, but I still think my MX-3 is one of the best handlings cars ever!

Fastest car, Integra with Turbo, fully built motor 500+WHP...it's sick.
mx-3north

fast cars

Post by mx-3north »

Best handling is my mx-3 or maybe a friends 89 rx7
Fastest was definately a 1970 buick grand sport convertible autotrans
This thing would spin the tires until you let up on the gas
top speed over 150 mph! It would light up the tires at 40 mph
Lots of fun
92 mx-3 gs auto 1.8lt
nokian wr tires
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Robotaz wrote:I love knowing that there are 375 hp STis out there. That's scary. And a civic running 1/4 mile in 10 sec? That's freakin crazy. I was wondering if imports would fare best in handling and worst in speed, but pleasantly surprised by comments.

mitmaks i love that charger. Do you ever jump it and scream yeeeeeeeee haaaaw!?
No I do not, im not redneck and I do not associate my car with DOH in anyway. I generally hate when people refer to my car as DOH car as Im not redneck and its wrong year of Charger to be DOH car. I sure stomp the throttle though :)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Fastest car I've even been in is a toss up. The viper was faster, but the '86 countache rocked ;)

Best handling car i've ever been in.... probably an M3, although the best handling car I've soloed in is a v6 ford tempo :P
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”