Car Problems Need Advice Help Please

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
LiVePA8

Car Problems Need Advice Help Please

Post by LiVePA8 »

Ive been a member of the board for a really long time but since I started college I havnt been able to post or check out the forum like I used to. Well I really need someone's help, my GS is acting up and I cant afford to not have a working car to get around. Here is the conditions. Usually Ive noticed that when it gets hot outside and since my car is black the car gets really hot which will sometimes make the car stall during a turn if I have the AC on. Well I didnt think much of it since I would just turn off the ac and roll down the windows on a really hot day to avoid it or just turn off the ac when im turning. Well as time went by I noticed that when backing up my car from the parking lot to go to school that when I would turn the steering wheel it would make a really harsh noise like a loose belt or something. But I know it must be the powersteering because it only does it when I turn and my car is really old 92' 180k. Well to top it off I go to school today and my powersteering finally gives up and dies. No biggie I can live without powersteering but something else happened that makes me really worried that something serious could be happening. I get in my car later to leave school for home well aware that I no longer have powersteering and am just happy that my car still works.......well then I notice my temperature gague goes up almost to the red so I pull over to see if something is leaking and if my oil is ok. Everything seems fine but my car keeps overheating...I have very little knowledge of cars but my roomate has a little experience with working on hondas. Can anyone give me some advice as to what might be going wrong or how much it might cost me to get it fixed?? I am on a really tight budget since im in college and all so any help as to what I can do would be really appreciated.

Thanks
-DaNNy-
92' GS
raidermaniac

Post by raidermaniac »

i don't know about your ac, but as far as no power steering and overheating it sounds like your belt broke and is no longer turning the power steering pump or the water pump.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”