Induction on an Mx3 V6 - HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sparkeybaildon

Induction on an Mx3 V6 - HELP

Post by sparkeybaildon »

Im trying to induct my mx3 V6 and i cant seem to figure out how to get the car running without the air sensor on? any help!? it seems to make a MUCH better noise without the sensor in but there is no pressure at all and the revs seem to just die away! anyone who has dont this should know what im trying to say?

sparkey
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

You need the the air sensor fitted.

It forms part of the engine management system. You take it off and the ECU has no idea what volume of air is being inducted into the engine & therefore doesn't know how much fuel to supply.

Thats why the engine won't run properly without it.

The induction kit is fitted on to the end of the VAF(the airflow meter).

Hope that helps
1994 MX-3 ZE
sparkeybaildon

Post by sparkeybaildon »

oh ok then guess thats me just being stupid, was hoping i could just remove it, it sounded MILES better without it on thats all and my last car didnt even have one so........ thanks for the reply mate helps a lot! what would you suggest doing then? i have two induction kits for it, for some reason there are two pipes to fit them tho, one which doesnt lead anywhere and the other leads to the airbox? if you get me?

sparkey (NOOB)
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

You have to remove the stock airbox.
And leave the pipe that goes nowhere (it dies without it)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
NorfolkMx3

Post by NorfolkMx3 »

Just inducted mine and ported the "spare" hose back into the air filter.

I found out that no intake for the hose = no idling (read: stalls)

Cheers

M

NOOB to all this too :D
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night and a drive without my mx3 is like, you know, boring.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Sparky, welcome to MX-3.com. As a noob (as you put it) you'll find that there have been literally thousands of noobs before you who have asked the same very questions you are asking. It's not in your's or our best interests to rehash and re-post issues that have been well covered and well documented in the past. It is STRONGLY recommended that you do a search on the areas you require. Your search efforts will be self evident after spending the required hours of research (topic dependant) when you pose follow up questions. Enjoy the read and perhaps you'll encounter what I usually do and that is find myself drifting off onto other related topics as I sift through all of the backround data. Enjoy your read and again, welcome.
john
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”