KLZE ECU for sale...

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
mx3gsr

KLZE ECU for sale...

Post by mx3gsr »

Title says it all, the real thing JDM ECU for the KLZE. No more bogus $399 reprogramming chips for your ZE equipped ride... <BR>Comes with partial wiring harness as well (probably about a foot worth). 93-95 year, from a Japanese MX-6. <P>Reasonable offers accepted, best bid takes it. <P>I have 2 of them. May keep one for myself, but make me a reasonable offer of the other. <P>I'll start the bidding off at $250 + $20 s/h. <P>Reply here or via email at seanmatt@storm.ca
1992 MX-3 GS-R 2.5L Turbo - retired 2001 :(
13.8@107mph
georgechicken

Re: KLZE ECU for sale...

Post by georgechicken »

sean:<P>I've been told the harnesses that connect to the ECU are different on the N. American and the Japanese ECU's, correct? do you know if they have the same number of pins and wires? If so, in theory, the japanese ECU could be adapted to a US-spec car driven by a ZE, no?<P>thanks<P>george
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--
2.5mx3

Re: KLZE ECU for sale...

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Hey Sean!<P>I've been looking for one of these since I did the swap, and I'm very interested. But is it $250USD? That's a little much for me. I know the ZE ECU is hard to come by, but I got a spare PGT ECU for like $40USD.<P>I'm a little confused about what the ZE ECU will acutally do for me. I know it will optimize the VRIS points, but how much more power should I expect compared to the 1.8ECU I have in there now? I did some experimenting with the PGT ECU just after I swapped in the engine. My original setup was the 1.8ECU and 2.5L VAF. Then I swapped in the PGTECU, and I really couldn't make out much difference. I wish now that I would have taken it to the track. Some Probers actually told me that the 1.8ECU has VRIS points that are closer to the ZE's than the 2.5PGT. So, I swapped the 1.8ECU and VAF back in.<P>I know I'm not getting all the power I can from the 1.8 computer. So how will the ZE ECU help, and can I use it with the 1.8 VAF?<BR>Oh, and will my existing wiring harness fit this ECU perfectly?<P>Thanks Sean,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3gsr:<BR><STRONG>Title says it all, the real thing JDM ECU for the KLZE. No more bogus $399 reprogramming chips for your ZE equipped ride... <BR>Comes with partial wiring harness as well (probably about a foot worth). 93-95 year, from a Japanese MX-6. <P>Reasonable offers accepted, best bid takes it. <P>I have 2 of them. May keep one for myself, but make me a reasonable offer of the other. <P>I'll start the bidding off at $250 + $20 s/h. <P>Reply here or via email at seanmatt@storm.ca</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”