HELP! from anyone in Toronto, On

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Insanebabe123

HELP! from anyone in Toronto, On

Post by Insanebabe123 »

I am Lee's Dad, Doug. Through this forum we found G-Force Customizing and ordered a Scorpion Hood for her car. They have moved to 50 Wingold Ave, Toronto, ON M6B 1P7. 416 890 1285

They cashed our US check on 7/7/05 and the last time I spoke with them they were going to ship the hood on 7/8 via Purolator and provide the tracking information. I have tried to call them daily since 7/11/05 without a response other than the voice message saying they are busy filling orders.

The "HELP" I need is if anyone is local to the address is if you could check to make sure they are still in business. If they are closed for a holiday brake than that is fine but I am concerned that my daughter is out $310.00 US.

I am hopeful that someone can help us out and I thank you in advance. This is Lee's first car and we are building it together and I really don't want to see her get burned at this young age. :x
Lee {Insanebabe123} :twisted:

'95 MX-3 RS Black on Black on Black
First car and First project
Hoping to have it complete by the time I get my License
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Well gave them a buzz on your behalf and got the same message saying they are renovating and to leave a message...I personally am not close enough or in the general area to go check on them directly.. but maybe someone closer could drop in.

Sorry could not be of more help...but everything from the outside (website, phone) seem to be up and running.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

well i was in the area the other day visiting my shop which is down the street and i heard about that place b4 so I went to check it out. i went to the building around 6pm on a week night and there were no cars in the lot and there was just a closed sign and it was dark inside...iI dont really remember but it didnt like they were renovating.....I have to go by my shop again today or tomorrow a bit earlier in the day so I can check it out again for you...I will let you know if I find out anything else. OOOOOOOOOOO - In the middle of this post and I just decided to call and see if anyone answered. Well I got through. I played a good part and pretended I was lookign for a hood scoop. THe guy said they were going through renovations before thats y they were closed but they are done now. I talked to a guy named Ernie and I told him I would contact him back. If you want, I can talk to him for you or youo can try again since they are open now. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help u guys out. He also told me they were open until 730pm. Good Luck!!
Last edited by mx3grlsikride on July 19th, 2005, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Heheheh good timing considering they were renovating early this morning heheheehehe..hope everything turns out ok for you guys..nothing worse than getting burnt.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

ok when tracking down businesses its good to look up the buisiness name in the business directory. Also government websites(provincial and federal)
will list Registered Business Names and Business Numbers.

So you can get some good info on them that way. So if it comes to the
police there are records for you to follow with the business owners
signatures.

so their old address is
Gforce Customizing
325 Weston Road, Unit 7C
Toronto, Ontario
M6N 4Z9
Canada
(416) 769-7071

if you want to complain to the regulating bodies about this business
http://www.cbs.gov.on.ca/compform/english/complaint.asp
do it here

when searching business directories in 411.ca and yellow pages they
do not exist in there. sounds like a backyard shop. That might not
even have a liscence to run a business.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Insanebabe123

Truth or Fiction???

Post by Insanebabe123 »

Hello Everyone, Doug here again. First I want to thank everyone for their excellent involement and provided information!!!! :D

I spoke to Jeremy at G-Force this morning and he claims that the hood was shipped out a little late 7/11 instead of 7/8. He is going to check with Purolator this morning to see if it has been held at customs. He claimed that he had shipped several pieces to the states in a big container and sometimes these containers are delayed for inspection. He asked me to give him about an hour to get the information from the carrier and see if he can have the hood pulled if held and shipped seperately.

Personally, I don't buy the big container story held at the border, but I do know that things can get held at customs. Lastly he said he explained all this to my daughter Lee yesterday when she called. This I also found strange because she didn't have any of the info because I brought it into work with me, but then I thought maybe one of the fellow MX-3 ers made the call on our behalf.

Let me know what you think of the explainations and I will provide further comments when I hopefully speak to him again this morning.

Best Regards,

Doug who is resting a little easier

mx3_rider69

Post by mx3_rider69 »

this guys are the worst to deal with, last year i got a front bumper from them they gave me all the excuses in the book and personally i pass by their shop and it seems that they are always closed wat u have to do is call them everyday to see wats going on cause this guys they dont really care if u get ur product or not
Insanebabe123

UPdated Status

Post by Insanebabe123 »

Hello Everyone! Well as usual I did not get a call back yesterday and when I called I just got the answering machine. This morning I spoke again with Jeremy and this is now his story:

"The large container that he shipped to the states with many other orders is in fact stuck at the border in customs. It is so far back in the holding pen that he could not retrieve my hood for single shipping. However what he did is change the delivery manufest to another customer for that hood and will ship direct to me the one he is completing today priority so I will have it Tuesday 7/26. Jeremy also said he will call me back with the tracking # as soon as the hood is picked up by the carrier later today."

I say story because I could hear the grinding going like crazy in the background and I truely do not see them having enough demand to send a big container to the states. I think it was his way to stall in order to complete the hood. It would have been better if he just told me that they were not finished with it and just return my calls. I gave him a toll free number to call so none of the calls would have cost him anything. Man my boss is going to love my long distance phone bill this month :roll:

Thanks again everyone.

Regards,

Doug {Lee's Dad}

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I am amazed on teamwork here! REALLY I mean wow if i ever get rippedoff Im couting on anyone in la to go check it out and Im sure if anyone wouold ger=tripped off around the west texas area i woould go check it out. :D good work!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah declare bulls--- hes shipping with next order. He never shipped in the first place. 1st off theres hardly any mx3 running around and 2ndly as if they are all ordering his hoods so hes doing so many production runs for them.

oh well at least you got a positive response excuse or not.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Insanebabe123

Update on G-Force Hood delays

Post by Insanebabe123 »

Good day everyone and again thank you all for your help, support and feedback. I was able to reach Jeremy yesterday since he never called back as promised again and he indeed gave me a Purolator tracking number. When I called them yesterday they had no record so I called G-Force back and they said that they had shipped it out so late Friday and that Purolator is closed on Saturday that it would not be recorded until late Monday. Well today I called Purolator and they acknowledge that they picked the package up yesterday and it is in transit {ground} and should be delivered this Friday or the following Monday.

I now just hope that the workmanship on this hood is much better than the mis-statements that were provided to me more times than I care to remember. Only after inspecting the hood will I decide if the overall aggravation dealing with this supplier was worth it.

I know that once I finally got them to the phone that they were slinging B.S. to stall while they finished the build. IMO they would have been better off just admitting that they were behind and would get it to me ASAP. I would have appreciated the honesty.

I will let you know our thoughts on the hood when we get it and inspect it.

Regards,

Doug {Lee's Dad}

Insanebabe123

UPDATE!!!

Post by Insanebabe123 »

Good News but BAD NEWS - Hello everyone. Just wanted to update you on the dealings with G-Force Customizing.

Friday Purolator delivered the hood and accepted my note left as a receipt signature as we were all away for the day. When we got home, I didn't even have to remove the bubble wrap to see the damage!!! :x The nose of the hood is cracked chipped and very weak. It looks like the carrier dropped it and then dragged it accross the floor. G-Force requires me to place a claim before they will start a new hood, but they have all the original documents and as usual very hard to get on the phone. A Jeffrey answered yesterday and told me I had to file the claim and that they were closed for the Canadian Holiday. Today I spoke to Jeremy, he told me he was on the floor and would call me in a half hour when he got to the office. That was 2 + hours ago.

My daughter now has her permit and is ready to get this car on the road but without a hood it will not go through inspection. So again we are at the mercy of G-Force. If I didn't have money invested I would walk away from this dealing. It has been nothing but an absolute pain in the a--.

Just FYI, I would avoid dealing with this supplier and not because of the accidental damage, that can happen anyplace, but just the lack of interest in staying in communication with their customer {ME}

Regards,

Doug [Lee's Dad]

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I wonder if they are an advertiser on this BB. If they are and as much as this BB needs advertising revenue, reports of this nature should be taken into consideration when or if advertising contracts/agreements come up for renewal. Just my 2 pennies.
john

ps A brief synopsis of the events of this transaction may prove beneficial if posted in the buyer/seller feedback forum. (the forum just above this one)
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Insanebabe123

Hood Damaged grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post by Insanebabe123 »

Hi everyone, Its Lee's Dad, Doug again. Well the sogga continues. The hood was delivered by Purolator damaged in transit. I was able to reach Jeremy @ G-Force Customizing and told him the story. He requested I put a claim in with Purolator and he would start to build a replcaement hood. That was on 8/3/05 and I did. The insurance was only $200 cad and we paid $310 US. I have tried to reach G-Force ever since without success. All I get is the answering machine :x . I just got the check from Purolator and it is $160 US so my daughter is out $150 US and has no hood.

Can anyone tell if these guys are in business :!: :!: :!:

I can't believe this company and especially since we found their add on this web site.

Any and All help would be greatly appreciated. I have even left Jeremy my toll free work number so his return call would be free. ALL we want is a hood as ordered and paid for.

Thanks in advance for any and all HELP

Doug

Insanebabe123

Don't Do Business With G-FORCE CUSTOMIZING

Post by Insanebabe123 »

My Dad sent a $310.00 usd check on June 1, 2005 for a Scorpion Hood. They told me we would have it in 2 weeks. It was deliveried by Purolator on July 29, 2005 after my Dad started calling daily to see where it was. It came damaged beyond use. We filed a claim with Purolator and Purolator paid the insured amount that G-Force listed = $161.00 usd. G-Force told my Dad that they would make a new hood and ship it right out {again within 2 weeks from August 4, 2005. We have been calling them weekly ever since trying to get answers on where the replacement hood is. On September 16, 2005 Dad sent a Fed X letter demanding the refund of the under insured amount we were out. They called back and said we would have the new hood in less than a week. That date came and went and Dad started calling again and sent a final demand letter to them for the $149.00 usd due us on September 29, 2005. We got no response, so today he turned it over to an Int'l Debt Recovery Service with an Attorney he knows to pursue. We are not overly hopeful that we will get our money back.

DON'T DO BUSINESS HERE BECAUSE THERE IS A BIG CHANCE YOU WILL GET BURNED.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”