Engine Swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Paylrider

Engine Swap

Post by Paylrider »

After careful consideration I think I will purchase a used 1.8 vice a 2.5, I can get one from a 95 with 138000 km shipped for 550 CDN, with a 90 day garentee. My present engine after looking at the plugs is definately burning oil. I have never swapped an engine with this many connections, my last swap was a 92 GEO metro, didn't even need a hoist. Does the price sound good and is the job that difficult those who have done it?
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

for about another 300 cdn you can find a ze
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Paylrider

Post by Paylrider »

True but I am not that hard core about speed, I am happy with the stock engine
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Paylrider wrote:True but I am not that hard core about speed, I am happy with the stock engine
Speed won't change unless you want it too. 300 more for a ZE that will have less than half the mileage of the K8 you're looking at. Your sure that the oil on the plugs are from bad rings? If you got 10 minutes tak a drive over to my place and compsre engine size etc. You'll have just the same amount of plumbing and wiring to do for both...actually a bit less if you don't include the EGR. FWIW, having the ZE will probably increase your re-sale ability. Give me a call I'm in the book (schrauwen).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”