My Modified Miata Mudguards

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Nd4SpdSe

My Modified Miata Mudguards

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I've finally gotten and modified the Miata mudguards I wanted, their not installed yet, the bodyshot will need to do a bit of creativity to get them mounted, but they shouldn't be too bad

I saw these when we stopped by and met a Miata club gathering

They will be perfect, since the style matches the back portion of my JDM OEM side skirts, as scene here: (Photoshop concept pic i made last year)
Notice teh curved shape, they should flow nicely together

Their original Miata mudguards directly from Mazda, cost me C$366 with tax, but their made of eurothane, which is good since I'm keeping my stock rear bumper, so they'll flex together is something happens

This is their original fit, a little longer than expected

I was reluctant to cut them cause of their price, but i'd rather try than to let them go to waste. Side by side comparison, before and after.

After cut: (Sanding was done later, that is just the preliminary dremel cut)

and a quick testfit (still not sanded)

What was actually cut off of end(and used as a template to recut the shape)

Can't wait to see them installed, the car is getting dropped off Friday.
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on July 10th, 2005, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Absath

Post by Absath »

Very cool idea. I think it will flow together nicely.

Cant wait to see it finished.

-Tim
Don't park drunk, accidents cause people.

92 Blaze Red MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, ACT Clutch, KL 36 ECU, SS Clutch Line
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Man that is really sick, keep us posted. I wanna see the results, I love the look of those rear muds on the miata
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

Looks really sharp. What a great idea! 8) 8)

send more pics once they are installed!

:lol: :lol:
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

nice creativity :) looks good !
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nice job, this is what we need to see more on this site, more custom parts/creativity instead of being honduh boy shopping wal-mart for bolt on parts
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Thx for the positive comments guys 8)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

$366 for mud guards? that's crazy, are they made of gold?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

MMmm, look awesome, much better than the stock rear. Love the flow of them back into the bumper. Great job on the redesign.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

their was actually a car i saw from Japan that had a set. really finnishes the rear end of the car off. supposidly he bought them from a company called Nobel France, but i cant find a company by that name anywhere.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Major props on the creativity on that. We all look foward to seeing the end result!
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Andrew_Pakula wrote:$366 for mud guards? that's crazy, are they made of gold?
Anything made from gold when you buy directly from Mazda, or so their prices make it seem. $366 is including tax, Canadian funds of course, so about $318 before tax, but since when are eurothane parts ever cheap, and since when is buying direct from Mazda cheap either...

I saw them posted online for just under $200usd, but after exchange, shipping, and more likely getting nailed at the border for brokerages and taxes, it would probably come out the same, so I decided not to bother and order them directly
Josh wrote:their was actually a car i saw from Japan that had a set. really finnishes the rear end of the car off. supposidly he bought them from a company called Nobel France, but i cant find a company by that name anywhere.
An Mx-3 has them?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Josh wrote:their was actually a car i saw from Japan that had a set. really finnishes the rear end of the car off. supposidly he bought them from a company called Nobel France, but i cant find a company by that name anywhere.
An Mx-3 has them?
yep; if you can find it there is a Japan MX-3 club (i cant rember the name) but one of them had a car named Ruby Red. and on his car he had them. i had several pics, cause i was going to do the same thing. but my hard drive had crashed and i lost all the pics, and i couldent find the sight again as it was all in Japanies and i cant read a lick of it. i have one pic but you can only make out a faint out line of the flaps cause its so dark and grainy.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Very nice...I've been looking for an option for the rear bumper to keep it stock, but give it a little style...I like what you've done. By the way...where did you get those side skirts? Those are JDM OEM you say? I wanna keep the exterior of mine stock, but I've always wanted side skirts...that seems like a good compromise...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, for what I've been told, those are the JDM OEM side skirts, even harder to find than just the regular OEM skirts. I got them from a guy in Buffalo who's car got in an accident, so the one skirt one one side has cracks on the underside on the one side, but nothing major and should be easilly repairable.

The mod of the mudguards, after the initial cut, tracing and recuting the shape, I would say takes about 20min each, with especially triple checking the trace for recuting the shape, last thing I wanted to do is screw them up, so it's a easy mod, just expensive to buy them.

Return to “Appearance”