Engine troubles....check engine light

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

Engine troubles....check engine light

Post by BornSticky »

I just bought my car 4 days ago (93 gs) it seemed to be running excelent for the first 2 days then ==== hit the fan.
My check engine light turned on and pretty much stays on the second I turn on my car sometimes it goes away very rare but does normally just stays on. This started happening after I cleaned my engine but i made sure not to disconnected wires and i dont think i really got anything major wet.
I also have the problem where my parking brake light keeps turning on when i hit a bump or if I accellerate from first really quickly.
I have checked all my spark plugs and my front center one has oil in the hole but the plug itself is dry.....valve gasket? and last my front passenger side brake keeps making a clunking sound when i brake like clunk clunk clunk clunk you can hear it clunk a tiny little bit when not braking. I have taken it off but it looks fine.....
sooo sad.....:( I just wanted a car that I could go from point A to point B without having problems
I was wondering if I should take it to a shop and get it looked at and hopefully the car lot I bought it from will fix it, or see if I can be an a-- and return my new baby since it has been only 4 days........tear...... :roll:
i dont have a code reader but i could prbably find 1
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

you dont need a code reader, you just need a paper clip
http://www.mx3er.com/Info/Diagnostic%20 ... mplete.pdf
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

thank you very much that is extremely helpfull
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I checked it on my lunch and it flashed 5 times i looked it up and its the knock sensor... I have no idea what this looks like i quess i could have knocked it loose when i was washing it even tho i was being very carefull.
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I also have the problem where my parking brake light keeps turning on when i hit a bump or if I accellerate from first really quickly.
This happens when you are low on brake fluid.. check your fluid level in the resevoir. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

4 day old car, looks and sounds like major neglect, who knows what else is going to surface in the weeks and months to come. I'd be seriously thinking about getting your money back, IMO.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Ya low brake fluid could very well mean a leak in your brake lines. Take a look at you driveway and look for any fluids on the ground.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

yestreday i went to drive home from work after i checked the failure code and the engine light didnt come back. I think maybe i just got the sensor wet and it dried off or something......not sure.... I will check my brake fluid and see if it is low. The brake clunking i think is the little pins that hold the pads in place are coming out and hitting my rims or something cause it goes away and starts sometimes really loud sometimes very quiet i looked at the pin and its not bent or anything i took the whole rotor off and eveything is smooth and nothing wrong, at least looks wrong.

Thanks so much for all the info you guys have givin me so far its really appreciated.
#5389 to join MX-3.com
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

you said you hit a bump and your brake light comes on.... It might just be the parking brake handle, where the little sensor is that tells you its on...my rs did that all the time and nothing was wrong with the brake fluid. 2 min fix......
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

how?
#5389 to join MX-3.com
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

is your actual park brake handle loose? it could be bouncing a bit over bumps. Mine does that sometimes.
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

take off piece that covers parking brake, inspect all conections. Identify the part that makes light come on when you lift the p brake. check to make sure no play.
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

ill add more fluid but if that doesnt fix it i will take a look at the ebrake sensor thanx
#5389 to join MX-3.com
mike_moss

Post by mike_moss »

mxmaz wrote:you dont need a code reader, you just need a paper clip
Can someone confirm if this works on a '96 GS? (since it's ODB-II, I believe)

I'm throwing a code but can't seem to read it. :x
2001 Mazda MP3 | 1993 Mazda Protegé GT
My MX-3.com Feedback | My CarDomain Sites
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

mike_moss wrote:
mxmaz wrote:you dont need a code reader, you just need a paper clip
Can someone confirm if this works on a '96 GS? (since it's ODB-II, I believe)

I'm throwing a code but can't seem to read it. :x
No i won't work on obdII. You can get obdII code readers on ebay for cheap though but just make sure they will work on your car first.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”