Cruise control

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
purewhitemp5

Cruise control

Post by purewhitemp5 »

I have a 92 gs without cruise control. Now I have access to a pristine precedia gs with cruise control what I want to know is what I need to take from the precedia to make my gs have cruise control. do I need the whole wiring harness or just a part of it . and is there anything on the engine (a touchy subject at the wrecking yard, unless your buying the engine)that i will need.Also will I need the whole steering colum or can I just take the wiring harness. which ever is easiest.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Cruise control

Post by jschrauwen »

purewhitemp5 wrote:I have a 92 gs without cruise control. Now I have access to a pristine precedia gs with cruise control what I want to know is what I need to take from the precedia to make my gs have cruise control. do I need the whole wiring harness or just a part of it . and is there anything on the engine (a touchy subject at the wrecking yard, unless your buying the engine)that i will need.Also will I need the whole steering colum or can I just take the wiring harness. which ever is easiest.
Have you put this question to your nearest Mazda shop? You haven't mentioned that you have tried a search in the old/archived posts. You are aware that there's a plethera of information available by using the search function? Let us know how your search went and we'll go from there.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
purewhitemp5

Post by purewhitemp5 »

ANYone else looking to add cruise control make sure you grab the main wiring harness from the donar car as the cruise control is a part of it. unlike the power windows and locks where you just need the harness extentions in the doors. also I found it easier to grab the whole steering column rather than take it apart at the junk yard.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”