Can our London Members Please Check in.....

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Can our London Members Please Check in.....

Post by MX-3.com »

I know that the MX-3.com Forums members in London, England have far more important things to worry about right now, but I ask that as you have the opportunity, we'd like to hear from you to make sure all is well with you an your families.

Please post a quick note here to assure us all is OK.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

I don't live in London but if they are in London or surrounding areas they won't be getting home for a while.. the whole travel network down there has come to a standstill.

what a complete nightmare!
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Im from the Manchester area. The buses up here were affected also. Loads of cancelations etc, no bombs.

Hope all's relativley well down south.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

I have been in touch with some of my friend in London and they are slowly making thier way back out of Zone 1 as the only way out is to find a cab or hitch a ride..I think tomorrow they should be able to come and give us all an update...I best wishes to them..can't imagine what they are going through.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Hi everyone,

Thunderstorm reporting from London, UK.
Thanks for thinking about us MX-ers out in London UK.
I am OK, was at work when the attacks happened, and was so busy upgrading computer systems - I was practically the last person to hear about it.

My family, extended and otherwise are all OK, nobody was in the zone.
Also returned home in my MX-3 without incident - there was reduced traffic on the roads.

I have heard that 37 people died in the bombings.
Three explosions on the underground system (21 died in one explosion in a train deep underground), and 2 died when a double decker bus was blown up by what may have been a "suicide bomber" (Bomber not confirmed).

The general concensus by most people around here is that this attack was way overdue. But personally, 1 death is 1 death too many. 37 is tragic.
Pretty sad.

Thanks for caring bout us.

Thunderstorm
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Glad you're ok Thunderstorm.
The general concensus by most people around here is that this attack was way overdue.
Unfortunately thats exactly what I've thought too for a long time - years even I've been expecting it. To be brutally honest I'd say the numbers killed are relatively small, but as you say, even one is one too many. Its a miracle that to date the number dead is as low as it is, with the positioning of the bombs and the audacity of the bombers it could have been much worse. They seem to have underestimated the structural strength of the targets.

While the UK has been an obvious target for some time based on their deployment of troops, I fear we're fairly high on terrorists hit list too. Perhaps we've been saved this long because of our geographic isolation? We had the Bali bombing which was directed at Australia, albeit in another country where security was more lax. That cost over 100 Australian lives and was only 2 bombs. We should be thankful that to date the London attacks haven't had the same "success" ratio.

My thoughts go out to everyone at a time like this, I hope everyone can find strength to overcome these disgraceful acts and stand firm at a time of such grief.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

live in Reading. 30 mile from london. Traffic was a nightmare!!!!!!!

My girlf friend was on the kings cross train. She come out pretty unscathed, just shook up and distressed. Cant even begin to think how it must feel to lose sum1 that you truely care about.

Repects going out to all the family and freinds of the dead, love is with you!
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

Just thought i'd post, - im no where near London, but I am UK... south coast

MX-3 and I are doing ok! :)
1997, Silver, V6
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

the death toll is alot worse than they first thought it's well over 50>

i know it's not the news people wanted to here but i just thought i'd keep you updated.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

the bombings have made me so angry. These people are just fighting a lost cause!!!

Their killing any1! White, black, muslim, jews.........

How can they even think of justifying what their doing when their killing people who believe in their religion anyways!!!

Makes me so mad!!!!

Think the last few days has bought the country together. Every1 seems to be united!!
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

One thing we must all remember is that its not a religion preaching to kill other people. Its a relativley small religious cult thats doing this. Similar to the christians and the crusades (SICK FCUKS). But in these times its stupidly out dated and theres totally no need to kill any one.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

yeah, sorry, just re-read my post. I wasnt suggesting it was the muslim religion carrying out the attcks!!!!!!
Spitfire777

Thanks!

Post by Spitfire777 »

Hi

I live in London and I didnt see this post until just now. Its kind of you to give us Brits a thought.

I did have a friend injured and in the burns unit at St Mary's Hospital at Roehampton. He is well and joking about "smoking" as he's an ex smoker!

If Hitler didn't bring us down do you think a few perverted muslims will even cause a dent? They have brought great shame to Islam and I don't know how the bleep this conflict is still on since the crusades and Richard Coure de Lion.

I was never racist in any way and now every muslim is "noticable". There are so many here ! I hope we can move through this to a better understanding.

I will say no more before I get angry.

Anyway guys (& girls?)...thanks for the thoughts....appreciated.

spitfire777
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

they detoonated a suspect parcel at the train station at leeds 2 mins away from where i work the other day....

good to see that they are security concious through-out the whole of the uk and not only london> though london would be the main target.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Spitfire777 I know exactly what you mean, ive just got back from a trip to scotland. I went by train from Manchester, at the stop in Bolton two asian lads got on and sat at the seats opposite me. I felt a mixture of being scaired and angry at the same time, and it was just directed at these inocent lads, when they got off a few stops down I felt greatful that they had left. Its horrible, they are turning ordinary people into racists. Ive never been a racist, but Like Spitfire said every one of them is NOW noticeable. I feel sorry for the majority of these people having to put up with this.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”