rear defogger

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mx-3north

rear defogger

Post by mx-3north »

my rear defogger just quit. I still hear aclicking sound under dash when i push button but nothing happens not even the light works. any ideas
92 mx-3 gs auto 1.8lt
nokian wr tires
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Could be the relay..... don't know where to check it though. I know someone on this board has the pages for the wiring diagrams that they can scan in for you, but not sure who it was......
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Doubt its your relay if you can hear it clicking.... Check the fuse (better still replace it) in the engine bay first.

Can you check for a voltage at the back window? The plug on one side of the car should be positive and the other side of the car negative.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mx-3north

defogger

Post by mx-3north »

Ive tried changing the fuse with no luck but i haven't tried checking for
voltage at window yet thanks
92 mx-3 gs auto 1.8lt
nokian wr tires
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

while we are on the rear defogger subject ...one of my connectors came loose from the rear glass and my defogger no longer works ...is there a way to fix this so it will work again ?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Gregory - I' believe if you buy a repair kit (I've never seen one though) it comes with conductive adhesive to use. I'd be sus using solder as you might wreck the tint, etc. Maybe an auto shop could help.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

GregoryChristian:

Both of my connectors are missing on mine (put a new hatch on...never had them). I just recently stripped and soldered the wires directly to where the connectors should have been. My rear defogger works great now...gets full voltage and everything. Hope this helps...
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

thanks... will give it a try :)
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

My light burnt out. It still works just takes awhile like normal.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

my relay crapped out on me and it still made the clicking sound...it is located by the driver's feet on the left...the clicking makes it really easy to find.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”