HID Conversion kit

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Redlined

HID Conversion kit

Post by Redlined »

Well I bought a McCulloch H1 H.I.D. conversion kit for my projectors. IT wouldnt fit at first because of the shape of the civic projector. Took a little bit of dremelling but it fit and boy is it bright. They are aimed properly so they do not glare in everyones eyes. If someone will post pics for me i can take some tonight.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

H1??? That's usually a bulb used in fog lights.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Actually, the H1 is often used for mono-filament headlights (separate low and high beam units). They're used a LOT in the old-school (Mk 1 and Mk 2) VW Euro lights.

As far as I know, the most common fog light/driving light bulb is the H3.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

tatsu wrote:Actually, the H1 is often used for mono-filament headlights (separate low and high beam units). They're used a LOT in the old-school (Mk 1 and Mk 2) VW Euro lights.
As far as I know, the most common fog light/driving light bulb is the H3.
My mistake, I think I swapped an H3 for an H1 in a set of fog lights once...much brighter...and really high temps.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”