Interested in the KLZE engine

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
NoirXE

Interested in the KLZE engine

Post by NoirXE »

im jus wonderin how hard it is to find this engine. Also im iterested in what it might cost for this engine and a new tranny to be installed by a garage since I have no clue what the hell im doing yet. I have no clue how long it would take to install an engine, if it doest take weeks to do i might consider doing it myself.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

THere's lots of info on here, all ya gotta do is search :) It's a topic thats been thoroughly discussed many many many times. Incidentally, the ZE is a fairly easy engine to find.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

well...i wouldnt say that its too too hard to find. I mean every place i've looked into seems to almost always have it instock and if not will be getting them soon. It depends more on if you want to play the game of finding a true ze by buying from a place that you dont live near and having them send you then engine, or if you can actually go and look at the engine and identify that it is a real ze before you buy. As far as pricing, the engine cost about $800-$1,200 for the engine depending on where you get it and shipping and such. Then a tranny i would imagine would depend on if you want it just used, or rebuilt, and if you want to go with the stock mx3 tranny or the mx6 tranny. It doesnt take too long for the average person to install it if you work on it at a steady pace...maybe a week or two, a shop might take alittle less time or alittle more time depending on how good they are and how much other work they have, and of course they would charge you some money for doing all the work for you.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”