Ram Air/ Electric forcing..?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Estiee

Ram Air/ Electric forcing..?

Post by Estiee »

I couldnt find any info on this after searching for a good 20 minutes on the site so here i go.

Is there any type air raming products out there? Electric type/turbo so to speak where it literaly FORCES the air in...?

Any help/info would be most apreciated.
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

Heres a post about it from about a month ago...
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=ram+air

As you can read from that post alot of people go with the hole in the front bumper that leads up to the intake. I'm working of designs for my hood ram air setup as i described in the post. Once i get my ze and i get it in and running, the hood ram air is the first thing im goona work on. Im hoping to have it done by the end of summer\before winter. I'll post when i get it all started.

If you want anymore info about ram air, there are a TON of posts about it in the last 10 or so pages in the forced induction section.
Estiee

Post by Estiee »

Hmmm yes but no, im talking about stand alone units that work from your battery and electronicaly FORCE air into the intake, so id asume theres a hell of a fast fan in the unit,,,,
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Yes, you see them from time to time but they are rubbish. The maths don't add up, to drive a motor large enough to make any significant difference, there will be a corresponding power loss to the engine to drive it. You don't get nothing for nothing....
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Shades

Post by Shades »

You won't find an electric motor fast enough to do anything close to what a turbo will do.

Plus if you do find a motor that will move fast enough on 12V's... you're probably not giving enough power to the rest of the car.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Return to “Forced Induction”