Hub/wheel bearing help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2fazed
Supporting Member

Hub/wheel bearing help

Post by 2fazed »

Does anyone know if the GS and RS hub assemblies the same? I need to replace the wheel bearing in my 93 RS, and I have access to a GS parts car. I was thinking instead of taking it in and paying hundreds of dollars to a shop, or buying a bearing kit and breaking my knuckles replacing that, to simply replace the whole assembly, without all the heartache.

Any help, is much appreciated.
Last edited by 2fazed on June 8th, 2005, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

yea, I do believe they are. you can check a part supplier to double check.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Careful though there were two different hubs made for the MX. (for the GS I know since i found out the hard way) I'm not sure about the RS. The chage was a longer steering arm and larger ball joint diameter. So if you change look at the ball joint to make sure you have the correct size one (it should be a tight fit, but not slip right in) As for the steering arm if you use the longer style one you'll need an alignment fter your finished. The change was sometime mid 93' to the larger ball joint and longer steering arm.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”