Idle Problems KLZE.....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bigtime

Idle Problems KLZE.....

Post by bigtime »

My friend put the KLZE in his ford TX5 (626)..
Has idle issues.. It would idle at about 1400rpm..
He has screwed around with pretty much everything - Throttle position sensor, Idle adjustment screw, Tested Air Mass Sensor, Tested Idle Air Control Valve.....
He has got it down to bout 800rpm now pretty much by just fiddling but it stalls in diagnostic mode....

Stalling in diagnostic mode..

Any Ideas / suggestions ?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

He may be doing all or most of the right things but if the configuration is with incompatible parts than it may all be for not. If you could ascertain as to what other components are integrated into the system.....ECU, VAF, IM, TB, thermosensors, FPR, FPR solenoid, EGR, CAI/airbox, OBD I/OBD II, year of ZE, year of 626. Knowing a little more history would help.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

its kl31 ECU, JE50, straight neck manifold, standard fuel pressure reg, EGR not connected, original air intake (KL03 engine was in there - bout 165 hp) and the car and engine are OBD1 (1992 CAR).......

could an after market FPR help ? It does run a bit rich but isn't that just the engine with the KL31 ECU and its fuel / air ratios ? but we think the ECU is over compensating and making it run richer....

He just said the TPS is set too high... he will adjust it soon because it was stalling........

DOES THE FUEL PRESSURE REG SOLENOID NEED TO BE CONNECTED ?
THE KLZE DOESN'T HAVE IT.........
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I've just lately been surfing the Probe Talk site. I think that's going to be a major source for me wrt ZE specific issues. I would recommend taking a couple hours to go through a very extensive collection of ZE related matter.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Here's a thread you may want to use.
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701026318

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”