Hello, I'm a new MX3 owner

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Glimmergal

Hello, I'm a new MX3 owner

Post by Glimmergal »

Hello, I just got my MX3 on the 3rd & I'm so excited! This is my 1st sporty car! Spent 3hrs washin, waxin & detailin her yesterday. It's the razzberry color. It has window tinting & he musta been a smoker, cause I cant get these windows clean for nothing! I think I'm gonna have to have it redone. Any suggestions?
& what bout cleaning these wheels? I have special wheel cleaner, but can I use any kinda scrubbing material? like an sos pad? the wheels arent smooth-- they are kinda textured? hard to describe...
Thx for any feedback & I live at the WA coast-- & would love any info on car clubs, etc
PEACE OUT
LISA
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

welcome to the board! Sounds like youve got GS SE one of 2000 built. I use old tooth brush to scrub wheels, after soaking them with wheel cleaner. Dont clean tinted windows with ammonia glass cleaners.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Welcome to the board Lisa :) If you have the raspberry paint color.. your car must be 93 Special Edition (or someone repainted it) These cars are rare so its good to see that someone with a passion for their car has picked it up :) As for cleaning the windows.. I found a aresol can spray window cleaner at Action Auto parts that cuts right through tar/nicotine build up on the windows.. being a smoker myself.. this was a nice find and lets me keep my windows clean :) I'll get a pic of the can later on so you can know what to look for. As for the wheels.. not sure about the SOS pad.. might try using a scotchbrite pad.. they are a plastic weave scrub pad and shouldnt harm the wheels. Best of luck.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Taras

Post by Taras »

Welcome Lisa,
Ans congratulations on a nice find. As other guys mentioned, you have a special one. Hope the leather interior is of a nice shape.

As far as windows, I found that hot water with a lot of elbow grease works for window film buildup. I am sure there are some products on the market that are for smoke buildup specifically.

Wheels should not be scrubbed with anything abrasive, so toothbrushes, plastic brushes are a way to go. If you want to try a wheel cleaner and pressure washer, that might work as well.

As far as clubs, we have http://www.mx-west.com that includes members from BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Washington ad Oregon states and we always have various events up here in Canada and WA state. Check the events page and you are welcome anytime. All of the events always get posted in this forum as well, so be sure to check.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Glimmergal

Wow, thx u guys!

Post by Glimmergal »

Look at all these responses & all these great ideas! Hello! so glad I found this place! I got some numbers of some window tinting places (live in small rural coastal community) & hopefully they'll be able to redo them. That's what will change the entire experience I think.
I've always had to have sedan type cars, my last was a 99 saturn SL1, but was totaled 2 mos ago. I hydroplaned, slammed into a hill, rolled 3 times (would LOVE to talk to anyone that has rolled) & landed upside down opposite side of the road. & my sweet mama was killed in that crash, I am OK & my mini doxy roxannie was found 2 days later. I have to accept is was her way to go. I cared for her full time in my home the last 5yrs. She was 79, God rest her soul & she'd would have loved this car! She always said, "I love this car & u are such a good driver, I feel so safe with you"
OK that's my story....
peace out all
LISA
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the board. You've got yourself a nice Special Edition MX-3. MX-West Car Club is pretty much the MX-3 club in the Pacific Northwest area. When you have time, check out our website. I've been using 3M window cleaner, works great. I use Eagle One - All Wheel & Tire cleaner on my rims. A good non-abrasive soft brush and a little elbow grease will get the wheels nice and clean.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Welcome to da board Lisa. Nice ride. Agree w/others that an old toothbrush and scotchbrite type pad are best for wheels. Any harsher material like steelwool/sos pad/brillo pad will damage the clearcoat.
Image -Jim
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

So you're the one that bought the Special Edition from the dealer. An RX7 guy was checking it out but he said they were wanting too much. Maybe you got a deal :)
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Welcome to the Forum.
Glimmergal

HELP!

Post by Glimmergal »

I gotta get that hatchback window redone-- & this jerk I went to yesterday, said "Oh geez! that'd be a HUGE job & I gotta scrape it off, inch my inch & it'll screw up your defogger" & this azz is chargin, $450! Hello! I need to have it redone or removed? which is better? I think I can live with the side windows being scratched, I was able to get those pretty clean, but that back I cant see out of & it's totally cloudy. I'm not used to that. So the car is gonna be up in Seattle/Edmonds from the 9-14 & I need to find a place that can help me. OH & get this-- this jerk yesterday, tells me to take a hammer to it & then call my insurance! Hello! I already have claims goin from the accident. Isnt that something? to tell a person? I just didnt like this guy, he's in Aberdeen down here & he was one of these "god complex" I"m the only guy down here that does this, so u can kiss my azz--type of BS!
OK done venting & loving, cant believe I have this car! & hey-- does anyone know how large the gas tank is? I think I coulda gotten 275 outta my 1st fill up! Hee hee! & today is my 42nd b--day!! :)
PEACE
LISA
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

its a 12.5 gallon tank last time i checked, welcome to the board
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Actually all MX-3's came with 13.2 US Gallon tanks.. but only about 10 gallons show on the gauge (Give or take a 1/2 gallon). Happy b-day :)

Tunes67
Last edited by Tunes67 on June 7th, 2005, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Shades

Post by Shades »

Welcome!

Well in metric it's a 40L tank...
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Shades wrote:Well in metric it's a 40L tank...
Factory specs show it's a 50L tank = 13.2 U.S. Gal.

Lisa,
Here's a link from the MX-3.com home page about your SE limited edition. http://www.mx-3.com/se/

Here's a link to another recent thread about ppl's mileage for both RS and GS models. http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#274217

Here's another link from the MX-3.com home page that lists specifications of all kinds. It's for 95 models but most, if not all of it, applies to your car too. http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#274217

Last but not least, Happy Birthday. Hope ya do something special to celebrate the anniversary of your arrival on the planet.
Image -Jim
Taras

Post by Taras »

I had a shop remove old tint off the back window and install a new one for C$170 altogether. I think the difficulty of a job depends on what glue was used on the old tint.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”