7th Annual West Coast MX-3 Meet

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Dali wrote:its more of the co-workers not wanting to do any work, getting them to do anything more than sit on thier a-- and talk in the back would be more of a miracle.
This sounds pretty familiar. Maybe try bribbing them with a box of Tim Horton donuts or something.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Darcy

I'm in!

Post by Darcy »

Just started my new job this week and they rock! I got the thursday and friday off, (didn't want to push for Monday 8)) so i'll definitely be able to make it out.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

looking good, will try to leave thursaday night. owners are cool with it, they are kinda wondering about the co-workers being wankers about us taking time off. still not a positive yes but looks like it.
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

To those of you in Calgary going on this trip, when exactly is it are you leaving town to make the trip? I figure since I'm coming from Deadmonton, I thought I'd come down to Calgary the night before and then head out with the rest of you on that Thursday.

I know it's next to last minute here, but I haven't made any reservations as of yet, and I'm well aware that it's kinda dumb that I haven't yet since spots are being filled up quick, but where I work, I'm not able to book that far ahead in advance until management gets a clearer picture of what everyone else's availabilities are like to compensate for any staff shortages. Now that June is finally here, they're willing to consider my request for the time-off, so before I make the commitment and make the calls to book a room, I'd like to know how long the drive will be from Calgary to Kelowna, and when is it that you guys are leaving?
MX-West Car Club

From e-mailing back and forth with James this past week or so. He figures leaving Calgary at 9 am the thrusday morning and arriving in Kelowna around 3 pm. So you've got a 6 hr road trip ahead of you. This would include stops along the way for gas, etc. James will let you guys know exactly when you'll be meeting up, leaving and all the pitstops along the way.

Justin, if you're reading this, you'll have plenty of time making it to the golf course. :lol:
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

is there going to be a list of people who are going to show up, just to see what the turn out will be like. its looking good for me and ty.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Yeah we will be leaving Calgary at 9:00am so we'll probably meet up somewhere in NW Calgary around 8:30am to get everyone together and load up on road snacks. We should do pretty good with traffic since we are leaving on a Thursday (provided there isn't too much construction along the way). I have a rough time schedule on the Alberta MX-West site, in the future events section, along with a list of people who are going from our division. It shouldn't be too difficult to get accomodations this time of the year but if the meet was in July, it would have been next to impossible. This trip should be lots of fun. Someone should bring a video camera. (Justin, please don't bring your cousin Mike and let him film again. That footage made me sea sick)
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

well, it still looks good for me to come down, co-workers had a fight about being short handed yesterday, only 3 of us at work but we managed. hope to see more people show up, not too many people from bc posting on here saying that they are coming. oh well, one more week of hell :)
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Good to hear that you are going. I hope I can make it. My KLZE swap didn't go how I wanted. Might have to do a quick MSD conversion to get it going. I don't want to let the whole Alberta group down.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Darcy

!#@*$&(*!&%)(&!%

Post by Darcy »

Well James, looks like you have a better chance of getting your car out there than I will.

I broke my ankle at volleyball last night and will be in a cast for about a month or so.

If it feels REALLY good by next thursday, I might drive, but I don't know if I would even risk it, especially since I dont think I would be taking any passengers.

This sucks the big one. I've been spending a lot of time getting my car all done up and crap in the few weeks i've had it, and now this. And forgetting my shoe at the hospital. Argh.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Shitty! :( Keep us posted on it. Which foot is it? Clutch foot? Brake/Gas Foot? You're such a scrapper when you do physical stuff. Always breaking, hurting, or bashing something. Geez...

It might feel better by next week but don't force it if hurts. Keep us posted. Justin just called me and said he can't go because of his new job. This trip just won't be the same without the two of you there. Were dropping like flys here. First Joelle, now Darcy and Justin. And I just called Dallas and she can't get the time off from her second job. Everyone in Alberta is either over worked from their jobs, or breaking down. I better make damn sure I get that ZE going. This is how the Alberta group stands as of now...

# 1. James G. + 1 guest (23rd-28th) - Accomodations arranged: Staying in Kelowna
# 2. Stacy W. + 1 guest (23rd-28th) - Accomodations arranged: Staying in Penticton
# 3. Mark K. (23rd-28th) - Getting a Hotel Room
# 4. Marc B. + 1 guest (23rd-28th) - Accomodations Unknown
# 5.
# 6.
# 7.
# 8.
Last edited by wyldside on June 15th, 2005, 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Not that it really matters, but it's my left ankle. Sucks that Justin and Joelle can't make it. Hopefully everyone else is still in though.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Your lucky it's the clutch foot. It's easier to handle road trips with that since you don't use that foot very often.
:driver:

Calgary inner city driving can be quite nasty with a broken ankle, especially during rush hour. I wouldn't want to try it. Well let us know how it feels next week. Take care of that foot.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

MX-West Car Club

Re: !#@*$&(*!&%)(&!%

Darcy wrote:I broke my ankle at volleyball last night and will be in a cast for about a month or so.
That sucks Darcy. Hope the ankle heals quickly.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

wyldside wrote:Justin just called me and said he can't go because of his new job. This trip just won't be the same without the two of you there. Were dropping like flys here. First Joelle, now Darcy and Justin. And I just called Dallas and she can't get the time off from her second job. Everyone in Alberta is either over worked from their jobs, or breaking down. I better make damn sure I get that ZE going.
They've got to beg and plead to the boss that they have to go on this trip. :(
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”