Best Alarm and sensor combo for MX-3

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Mazderati

Best Alarm and sensor combo for MX-3

Post by Mazderati »

I am putting a GOOD security system in my MX-3. I will spend the $$ if necessary, but want to do a relatively impenetrable setup. Obviously nothing is 100%, however I want to be as close as possible. What alarm setups are working best for our cars? Considering the big back window and its vulnerability, are motion sensors popular? Which brands are the best out there in everyones opinion for alarms? On top of shock, what other sensors are necessary to give the best protection? What combination of sensors and features is best for the MX-3??

Feedback appreciated!
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I find motion sensors only work well in cars with no tops. But if you can get the motion sensor in the headliner pointing down, then It works awsome!!!

other than that a basic alarm (get a good name), with , starter kill, shock sensor, door triggers, hatch trigger, hood trigger, and then back it up with a backup siren - and u are set.

Another good idea is to wire in a secondary shock sensor to protect the rear of the car.

Other than that - get a two way if you can. They work much farther away then regular one-ways, and it will tell you when it is armed, and when it is not armed. :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

Thanks for the response from "The Shwa". While it may be true Oshawa is the only place in North America where "the Mullet" is still in fashion, their car knowledge is top ranked. The motion sensor upside down mounting suggestion is an excellent idea. My previous Clifford had a motion sensor but was forever tripping in stiff wind or rain. Maybe this suggestion will
aleviate the prob. 2nd shock sensor for the rear...also good idea.

Thanks and thumbs up to "the Shwa!"

btw....been up to "Ghost Road" up by P.P. lately??
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

LOL that road is pretty creepy at night..........

good date night though.... Oooh, I think I saw something!!! Let me hold u :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PM for info
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

go with a viper alarm and a two stage proximity sensor and you'll be good properly set up the alarm will crip at ppl as soon as they get within 3 inches after that they have to deal with a two stage shock sensor and if they do get in the car second stage of the prox sensor goes off and all hell breaks lose. but most of the time if they hear the car crip and they haven't touched the car they think your on your way back and have just criped the alarm to find the car it's fun f*cking with ppls heads.

Plus it's great if your cars like mine and your door pins don't work
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Dot.Zero

Post by Dot.Zero »

I have a clifford with a Pager/remote. Lets me know if something on my car is opened. ie. door, hatch, hood! If it is a shock sensor it ets me knw that too. Great range on the unit I have I was at a movie and it paged that my door was open. I flew out but quick, poor lil guy didnt know what hit him!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

and if you can find em'

Astra alarms are great two ways. Almost instant 2way action!!! Amazing range - and they are pretty cheap and easy to install!!!
PM for info

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”