Cable Under Seats??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Sinistral

Cable Under Seats??

Post by Sinistral »

Hi.. Today.. I was looking under my seats and.. I found cable under each seats with a blue thing on it.. I would like to know what are those cable for.. by the way my car is a v6 1995.. Thanks! :roll:
rece

Re: Cable Under Seats??

Post by rece »

those two plastic things are for heated seats i think so if you get a switch and harness for it you should be able to hook up the heated seats <P>please dont quote me on this
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

are you sure about that?? the heat seat donc come only for the se mx3?? and how much money i need to put those on heat mode??? like put a switch.. etc...
rece

Post by rece »

like i said dont quote me on this but i am running a 92 gs and i have heated seats but wheather they came with the car or if they were put in later i dont actually know i guess i could find out from the previous owner but i doubt they would know, but now that i think of it the switch was mounted right under the e-brake so i dont really know for sure... does anybody else? help us out
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

We need help here.. Please Help Us...
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I've noticed that under my seats as well, actually when i checked my drivers seat it was unplugged.<P>I don't think they actually do anything..... but they must have a purpose.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Like you say maybe it's for heating; but I think it's the wire that is connected to seat belt alarm. Beeping that goes off when you start your car and your seatbelt is untied. Try disconnecting it and you will see. Disconnected mine when I changed the seats and since then no more beeping. ;)
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

Ok.. But mine are disconnected.. so where do i connect my wires.. Cuz.. I dont here any sound when my belt is not on! etc.. <P>Thanks
Kev

Post by Kev »

Try unscrewing your seat and you'll find a little slot to plug the wire into. You need to take out the seat because it's pretty hard to see under there. Takes a few minutes
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I think it's either for heated or power seats....just so you won't have to run power wires if you ever decide to put them in
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”