CUP HOLDERS ??? Swap center consoles......

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bigtime

CUP HOLDERS ??? Swap center consoles......

Post by bigtime »

Been trying to find info on getting some cup holders....
Does anyone know if the ones out of say an mx6 or 626 along with the center console will fit ??
Babybluemx3 's look like it's from a 626...
The ones in Australia didn't come with the holders......
Anybody done a simular swap ??
Gro you seem to know your s--- :wink: Any suggestions ?

Thanks peoples
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Try going to http://www.Ebay.com and searching for Taurus or Saab cup holders.
Some Fords and Saabs came with cup/coin holder that will replace the din below your factory radio.
Here's one example: (You can usually find them for around $8 US + shipping on ebay)
http://www.arimport.com/forum/index.php ... MSID=18189

Hope this helps :D
Kenzie
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I used to have one from a taurus that i got at a junkyard (has a change tray too), it worked good but I didn't like the top of the drinks sitting against my $850 deck. Or you can get these JDM cupholders that I see on ebay quite often (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=63691). I don't know if anyone has tried them, but if their anything like the taurus ones, you drinks will sit nervously close to your head unit.

You have 2 other options, you can find the cup holder ring that mounts under the lid of the regular center consol, it flips out and the cup sits on the flat part of the e-brake (I've only see 1 of theses ever, but not in action)

Or get a double-stacked center console. It has a cup holder in the lid of it. These are somewhat rare but in high-demand.

I was looking to see if you can mount a 94+ cup holder into my 92, but I never tried. It should be farily easu, you would just need to customise the center triml for it, but I found a 2nd-stacked center console, so i never bothered.[/url]
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

well i have to say personally i was disappinted with the cupholders in the double stack console when i finally got em. they dont hold drinks well at all, do they?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

they held my buddy's coffee pretty good over the weekend on the Ottawa road trip. Personally, I rarely have drinks in the car, they're usually Biggie drinks from Wendy's, which rarely fit in any cupholders, but fortuntaly squeeze nicely between the e-brake and the seat.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Yeah, I normally don't allow drinks in my car since my boyfriend can't ever seem to hang onto his...haha. I always end up spending hours shampooing it outta my carpet!

Actually, both style '92-93 consols came with cupholders but IMO they suck. If the driver is trying to use it, it's kinda in an awkward position between the seats. (Too far back)

If I'm drinking something, that doesn't have a lid, I'll usually just squish it between the seat and ebrake, like you mentioned. But sometimes I end up hitting it when I shift into 2nd or 4th.

This is why I'm swapping the entire dash for the '94 style! :lol:
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

i guess my drinks will have stay between my legs if i wanna drive with one...
Not sure about those ones off ebay type...
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I have a DIN-sized cupholder/change holder in my dash above my radio. I relocated the radio below it so I could fit a cup in the cupholder...otherwise the cupholder hits the shifter :(

And I don't use it for the cupholder anymore..it isn't practical. The cupholder hole is TOO SMALL, It only fits a can or small coffee cup, nothing bigger, not even a 20oz fast-food cup :(.

It was from a ford taurus. The older style taurus's all had this in their dash and are EXTREMELY common at the junkyard.

those ones on Ebay are tempting though. they might have a bigger-sized opening for the cup. Plus the taurus one I have doesn't sit flush with my radio but doens't look too much like s---.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

hey i just wedge drinks between my parking brake and my seat it has always worked for me.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Here it is, the standard center console cover with single sup holder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33695

Return to “Appearance”