Post by Mexos »

Pakfeifer eyebrows and new pedals :)

Looking good.
X: 1992 Mx3 Gs.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

Mexos wrote:
MarkMoore wrote: Image
sorry i feel like a schmuck for asking, but what the heck is goin on in this pic... i feel like i should know, but couldn't figure what was with the giant tubes coming outta your tailpipes
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

They are more than likely to redirect the exhaust fumes outside!!!! Am i right???
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Man you guys are so lucky getting to have right hand drive cars, even though it's normal to you. America cars suck, I would kill for RHD :crying:
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

i would be too confused to drive correctly :?
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

Let me start of by saying that the paint job is very nice.

As for the badges, I would rebadge it normally or badge it with the JDM markings (Presso, 30X, etc). That is what I am going to do after I get my body kit installed and all repainted. If I could convert mine to right-hand drive I would, just to make people wonder. We don't see anything like that here.
93 MX3 RS BP 2.0 // 87 RX7 HKS Turbo
Mexos

Post by Mexos »

exdream_mx3 wrote:They are more than likely to redirect the exhaust fumes outside!!!! Am i right???
Correct. My car is left hand drive. in Norway we drive on the right side of the Road also ;)

Here is 2 new pics and a pic of the stereo finished ;)
Looking good.
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

That looks very nice. I like the little shelf you did for what looks like your crossovers. A nice yet non-obtrusive layout for the soundgear. Once I get all of mine finished, I will have to post some pics up as well. Picking up my sub and amp today and will spend a couple of days planning before installing.

Once again, very nice. :)
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

neutral wrote:
Mexos wrote:I'm a little bit unsecure about putting the emblems om the rear of the car. Should i put them on or keep the clean look i have now?
Matter of personal preference. I like the "debadged" look with no emblems on the rear. Since the MX-3 has been out of production a while now and never did sell in high numbers, ppl ask almost weekly about the make & model of my 95 RS. :shock:

maybe in your area.... i see mx3's where i live (not done up of course) all the time, they seem to be a favorite of the italian community in my city.... considering i see italian flag color stickers on them. =/
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

V8KOMX3 wrote:Man you guys are so lucky getting to have right hand drive cars, even though it's normal to you. America cars suck, I would kill for RHD :crying:

um, where do you see a RHD?.... looks pretty LHD to me :lol:
Last edited by OptiX on June 5th, 2005, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

but anyways, very nice mx-3, mint looking exterrior

tip: i'd get a grinding disk or a dremel with a cutting bit and chop the screws on the pedals.... they'll end up ripping a hole right through your carpet (i ended up replacing my carpet to match the black white setup of my car, but also because of the holes that the aftermarket pedals created :( )
Mexos

Post by Mexos »

OptiX wrote:but anyways, very nice mx-3, mint looking exterrior

tip: i'd get a grinding disk or a dremel with a cutting bit and chop the screws on the pedals.... they'll end up ripping a hole right through your carpet (i ended up replacing my carpet to match the black white setup of my car, but also because of the holes that the aftermarket pedals created :( )
Thanks for the tip. I thought about doing it when installed them, but couldn't find my dremel and since im going to replace them with some smaller Momo pedals later i just thought what the hell and went inside :P

The pedals are so wide so i often hit the accelerator when i'm braking and so on and it dosen't look to good when a mx3's slowing down for a red light on 5500rpm :lol:
Looking good.
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

I had those problems with my old BMW. My feet were big enough that I often hit brake and gas simultaneous when shifting quickly. I eventually got a nice set of custom pedals and it cured that.

On my MX-3, I put some of those screw-on pedals in and had to trim the remaining screw off because they did hit the floor on deep pedal presses.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

OptiX wrote:
neutral wrote:
Mexos wrote:I'm a little bit unsecure about putting the emblems om the rear of the car. Should i put them on or keep the clean look i have now?
Matter of personal preference. I like the "debadged" look with no emblems on the rear. Since the MX-3 has been out of production a while now and never did sell in high numbers, ppl ask almost weekly about the make & model of my 95 RS. :shock:
maybe in your area.... i see mx3's where i live (not done up of course) all the time, they seem to be a favorite of the italian community in my city.... considering i see italian flag color stickers on them. =/
Spent some time in the U.S. Pacific NW last year & briefly in upstate NY. Seemed to be more MX-3's in those areas than around here. Course they were in production longer in Canada and especially the GS which wasn't offered in US after '94. I only see 1-2 MX's every 1-2 wks. in my area now. (Wash DC Metro) Used to se em every day until the past year or so. Have also noticed a few more wherever I'm near big college campuses - cuz they're fairly affordable I guess.

Ride looks really good Mexos. I like the lower frt grill area opened up like that. Subtly bolder & much cleaner look IMO, specially on the Eurospec bumper. With paint on that front, it will be tight lookin.
Image -Jim
Mexos

Post by Mexos »

Finally got my front painted an the eyebrows.

Some pictures of the result.:
Looking good.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”