Please dont tell me my tranny is blown....

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

I bought a used auto tranny from carparts.com, back in Febuary for $400 and shipped to my state for $75 and I also bought a $50 tranny cooler from Autozone. The result?.... I have a little over 1500 miles on it, and the tranny works as smooth as glass and the gear changes are very crisp and nice. So, IMO, I believe carparts.com is the way to go.. but I did shop around on it first. So, if you decide to go the route I did, I hope you will also have the same success with it as I did bro.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

My tranny did the same thing, leaked and leaked, I kept refilling it and then all of a sudden from first gear it would neutral out. That sucks, I was going to do a mtx swap, but I needed my car for work, my boss gave me a week so i had no choice but to get the tranny rebuilt. Anyways fry, Im gathering the parts for a mtx swap so If ya still need a tranny in a few months (if you can even wait that long) then Id be glad to sell ya my rebuilt tranny, I can show ya the work orders and papers from the shop, including part numbers that were put in. Also, if you find another source, when all is said and your mx-3 is back on the road, get an tranny oil cooler, I got mine from advance auto parts for about 35 bucks. Easy to install, and as everyone on this site has told me, they are a must for a atx.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i would definatly take that off your hands once you do that swap, thank you so much. :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com

Return to “Transmissions”