KLZE Intake Ports

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shawno

KLZE Intake Ports

Post by shawno »

I have a KLZE engine and i pulled off the intake, and the intake has square ports and the # on it is KL 68 so i have the right one.

The head codes are KL 1A1 and KL 101 so i think there the american and not the j spec.

But the Cams are KL 01 so i have the right ones beacause i have the milliena engine.

But the ports on the head are oval and the intake are square is that normal or are they both supposed to be Square.

And can I grind the head to make them Square to meet up with the intake.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Sounds to me like you have a KLDE with a KLZE intake manifold. Many Probe and MX6 owners put a ZE manifold on their stock DE's to get a small power gain. Sounds like you got somebody's old DE.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
shawno

Post by shawno »

ok I have check out my engine some more i have the right intake the KL 68 with the square ports.
But the heads Say Kl 1A1 and there oval ports so i have sqaure ports meeting up with the oval is that alright.
The engine is a millena and i was reading that they messed up something with them.

I have the flat pistons everything is KLZE but the heads have oval ports.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Mazda would not bolt a square ported intake manifold onto a oval ported head. The heads are KLDE heads. I can't be sure about the pistons but they are probably KLDE pistons. You have to understand that it's not just the pistons that bump the compression up. It's also the heads. I'm sorry to tell you that it looks like you have a KLDE with a KLZE intake manifold on your hands.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”