Overdue Videos

Off-Topic Discussions
Grants
BANNED Member

Overdue Videos

Post by Grants »

So I go to the video shop tonight to get a movie and they say no way - you got $91 overdue fees owing! So I'm like yea, the guy who got those out returned them didn't he? Yes but 4 days late for 3 overnight movies. But didn't he pay when he dropped them off? No sir - he put them in the chute. So to get this movie out is gonna cost me like $100? Yes sir, how would you like to pay for that?

What do you guys reckon? How ordinary is that when you let someone borrow movies on your account?

I was so dumbstruck I didn't even think to change the password (we don't have membership cards or anything, just your address and a password).

:evil:
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

blockbuster has no late charges!!! maybe u should think of switching
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

thats bs read the fine print, if you dont return the movie in like 2 week you bought it

i like netflix
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Damn BB's late fees were only as much as re-renting the thing anyway. Your video store sucks!
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

That used to happen to me with Blockbuster.. the one near my house would close 15 minutes early all the time and then charge you a late fee because you dropped it in the chute. Blockbuster changed their policy recently.. but the last time they wanted $27 in late fees because they closed before I got there with the movie. They were locking the door when I pulled up even. I pointed out to them that the sign showed they were open till midnight and it was only 11:43. The guy just laughed and told me "Tough luck" I told them to bite me and stuff their late fees.. they then tried to charge it to my credit card that they keep on file.. but I had called my credit card company and told them not to allow any charges from Blockbuster. Two weeks after this I got a call from Blockbuster corporate saying they were going to sue me for the $27.. I laughed and hung up on them.. That was 3 years ago.. and it will be a cold day in hell before Blockbuster ever sees another dime from me :D Hollywood video.. netflix.. heck I would rent from even the kid next door to me before I step into a Blockbuster again ;)

Tunes67
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

HOLY CRAP MAN!!!!

4 days for 3 movies IS NOT 100$$$ worth of late fines, thats bullcrap.
maybe what 5 bucks a day per movie so 15 bucks a day x 4 at the most
60$ ... screw them 100$ and get that other dude who rented em to give you the money ontop of that.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Blockbusters late rules are this: You have a week to return them, after that time your account is charged the price of the movie. You have a month to return the movie after that. If you return the movie in that time your account has the movie removed and a $1.75 restocking fee is applied.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

yeah... blockbuster sucks... way to go hollywood video! no credit check.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

freyguy_412 wrote:yeah... blockbuster sucks... way to go hollywood video! no credit check.
How bad does your credit have to be for a video store to deny you from renting a DVD??? LOL
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

How it works here is you just keep paying the normal fees until the're returned. I guess there must be a limit but I don't know what that is. So these 3 movies for a 4 extra days = 12 nights hire. About $7.50 per night for new releases. Sounds about right. (Don't forget these are aussie $.)But you'd like to think they'd gimme a break, specially as they knew it wasn't me - they even remembered the "guys" who hired them. How would they remember that? They probably made a--holes of themselves too!

No wonder ther's such a big market for pirates..... bloody $90.
How bad does your credit have to be for a video store to deny you from renting a DVD??? LOL
About as bad as these guys I guess... thats probably why they wanted to use my account. It's just disappointing people can be so irresponsible.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i like netflix, do it on my pc dont got to go nowwhere, comes to my door
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

monty73741 wrote:thats bs read the fine print, if you dont return the movie in like 2 week you bought it

i like netflix
actually not true... u bought it, but u can still return the video and then they refund your money... i've return several videos several times over a month late and they refunded my money no problem...
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine »

basically with bockbuster and the new policy you can take there 2 day rentals for 2 days + 7 days grace period + 30 days to return it for 1.25. so basically you get 39 days for 3.99 plus tax and the 1.25 "restocking fee" not too shabby for slackers like me.......
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

for that much you shoulda just bought the damn dvd. But then again I have 1400 DVD's!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

The new policies at Blockbuster are a helluva great break for a procrastinator like me. According to the records that the local Roger's Video I USED to rent from up until a month ago, over the span of 4 or 5 years that I rented from them, I have in excess of more than $3500 in late fees that I've paid to them. :shock: Trust me, $5.25 for about a month is something I would much rather have despite the fact that there's a chance that something I'm looking to rent might not be available for the longest time.

93SOHC: 1400 DVDs!!!! ....Sir, it doesn't count if you own/work AT a Blockbuster. :laugh: Seriously though.... REALLY?!?! Where do you find the room to keep it all? I own a shelf rack that's about 6.5 ft tall and 2.25 ft wide which holds about 400 DVDs or so. Do you have an entire wall of your living room littered with DVDs?? The only way I can think of compressing my storage space is to put all my movies into slim CD jewel cases and using those instead of the regular DVD cases. Jeebus

Return to “Off-Topic”