ZX2 question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
ooELMOoo

ZX2 question

Post by ooELMOoo »

I here so much about the ZX2...do they fit the mx-3 without modification.......what is the best way to lower the mx-3 without dropiing like 500$.......What type of setups do you guys have??
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine »

I just dropped my mx on s.t. springs and the zx2's last week and i diddnt have to modify anything to fit. Went into the project assuming i was going to have to dremel out the top of the front strut plates but mine just bolted right up with no dremel needed.
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

As far as the strut/spring assembly goes, they're identical. With their brain-sharing with Mazda, I assume it was cost efficient to use our design for them, considering there's only about 70 lbs. weight difference between the two cars and they have identical weight distributions.
'95 RS: RIP
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

So if i was going to go with the ZX2 struts what are a good type of springs to go with them for a 2 inch drop
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Well I can tell yo this I just got the whole ZX2 set up. But I got every thing. struts were like 80 something a piece. This is US funds. but by the time I was done with new boots,perch, barings ex. it was a total of $800.00 I literaly got a whole new ZX2 setup. I havent installed them yet but for what I payed I pray it's a sweet setup. Ohh by the way after spending that much on just struts and new parts for them I went with the Ground Control coilovers (I know I know )CRAP so I heard. But to be honest I not worried about the clunking noise because of some bushings I am going to put in place.
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

why did u spend so much for parts if the stuts just pop into place???
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

REDRM26 wrote:Well I can tell yo this I just got the whole ZX2 set up. But I got every thing. struts were like 80 something a piece. This is US funds. but by the time I was done with new boots,perch, barings ex. it was a total of $800.00 I literaly got a whole new ZX2 setup. I havent installed them yet but for what I payed I pray it's a sweet setup. Ohh by the way after spending that much on just struts and new parts for them I went with the Ground Control coilovers (I know I know )CRAP so I heard. But to be honest I not worried about the clunking noise because of some bushings I am going to put in place.
Since when are GC's crap?
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

don't forget the shaft diameter is different...you need to bore out your front perch hats and get the zx2 thrust bearing too

other than that, they are bolt on
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Well I spent the money so #1 everything will be just bolt on with out having to bore out anything and #2 with my car having 145k miles on it everything is pretty rusty and dirty and I want it all to be new so I wont have to worry about anything in the future. And I need to correct myself I ment Drop Zone not Ground Control sorry.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

REDRM26 wrote:Well I can tell yo this I just got the whole ZX2 set up. But I got every thing. struts were like 80 something a piece.
they sell for cheaper then thAT
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Maybe but I baught it right from FORD so not sure how much cheaper I can get.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”