:) Whats the dumbest thing you've heard :)

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

i had one guy tell me that a 96 supra TT has an 1100hp 3rotor TT rotary engine...
stock. I find this very sad.. particularly b/c i've been to his place and he has not one, but *2* of these supras just sitting there doing nothing. I don't know if they are both TT (or if either of them are, actually). Pity.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

This doesn't have anything to do with cars...but....
I design roof trusses. One of the salesmen brought me a plan, that looked like a house we had done before, so I ask, "Is this plan the same as the old one?" He says to me, "It's similar but the same."

Similar but the same?! What the hell is that?!
Meep

Post by Meep »

"You need to replace your automatic transmission fluid and it seems your car won't change gears."

This was sad since it was a 'mechanic' at the Mazda repair shop who told me this and I drive a manual. :roll: Needless to say, he didn't work on my car.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Haha, I can't believe they treat people like such morons.

One time I got into an accident. An old lady turned into me. Long story short, the insurance company didn't want to pay for all the damages. They just repaird the cosmetic stuff, thinking I wouldn't notice that my CV joint was busted. So I bring it up, and they go "We gave you a complimentry 2 wheel alignment, the alignment tests the whole car for any problems you might have, and your car came up clean."

What jerks!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ok.. I have a new one that happened at work saturday. First off.. I work in a trophy/award shop. We answer the phone calls with this phrase "Thank you for calling Mr T's Trophies, how can we help you today?" This is the conversation that followed.

Me: Thank you for calling Mr T's Trophies, how can we help you today?

Caller: Yes, do you guys make trophies there?

Me: No, sir. We are a bar & grill, we just thought the name was catchy. (Said with mild sarcasm and joking chuckles even)

Caller: Oh ok.. well thanks anyway. *click*

:shock:

Tunes67
Last edited by Tunes67 on May 25th, 2005, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

"my 2.5in exhaust works as a turbo'
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Tunes, I get that kind of stupidity all the time where I work. On our business cards it says:

Linton Truss Corp.
Manufacturer of Floor and Roof Trusses

So I will sometimes take calls, and it goes something like this:

Me: Linton Truss, how can I help you?
Them: Says here you guys manufacture roof trusses, so let me ask you something.
Me: Ok...
Them: Do you make trusses?
Me: Well, if we manufacture them, I'm pretty sure we make them too. But let me direct your call to someone more experienced, who can answer your question.

My way of getting off the line with that goober, just pass him to someone else. :wink:
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I work at a factory so bare with me...

We have tons of temp workers due to the busy season and most of them aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, to say the least. I was in the break room when a temp walked in and said: "So...we can't smoke in here?" He was still standing in the doorway facing a large sign that says: No Smoking. As much as I wanted to tell him, "No, pay no attention to that 2 foot sign right in front of your face. Go right ahead and smoke..." I just directed him to the actual smoking area. I must be getting soft in my old age... 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Old age? You're only 27!! :P
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Tha's funny stuff I get calls when I am at work, which is at Officemax as a cs rep overnight keep in mind we take calls 24/7 . when I answer the phone people say hey are you guys still open. I wish I could tell them no I just answer the phone to tell you we are closed, but I would loose my job
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

well i'm into flatland bmx and i was looking to buy a new one , so I whent into this shop and said

me- "hi I'd liek a flatland specific bmx, what kind of selection do you have?"
her- "Oh geeze we have lots...gt, easterner, redline.."
me- "could i see some of them"
her-"oh sure..see this one here is a great modle, its got uh..4 pegs..breaks.."
me- "and it's flatland specific?"
her-"yah...and its got thsi chain guard in case you want to do some grinding or if you fall from a nice jump or something"

ok well for those of you that dont' know flatland, its done on one peice of flat ground, no jumping, griding, fliping or anything, just twisting the bike around and balancing...at pro level you don't even need breaks. This girl was full of absolute s---. I hate when people are liek that...geeeze...
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

oh and another dumb thing hahha..my dad sad to my mom "yah so they're tear up the road and put in a new sewer system" my mom said "is that going to be underground or obove ground?"
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

same guy also said that when you get bigger rimes you go faster cuz your wheels are bigger.
You do go faster because the larger wheel acts like a final gear change. I'm not going to do any math or anything, but I'll try to illustrate. Say with 15" rims, the tires have an outside circumfrence of 40 inches. Say 17s have an OC of 50 inches. Well, when your axle does one full rotation, the 15s would travel 40 inches while the 17s traveled 50 inches...meaning you're traveling faster.

Not that you'll accellerate faster, though. You won't. The higher final gear change gives the engine more work to get that larger tire around a full revolution.
'95 RS: RIP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Bigger rims to not affect the total diameter of the wheel, it's actually the tire. You can get a larger diameter rim, you just need a tire with a narrower sidewall the the. Total diameter (rim+tire) is that affects your speed/speedometer.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I cant race against your mx-3, my car got 4 doors yours got 3 doors :?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “General Mazda”