99ron fuel

Off-Topic Discussions
rsroadkilla

99ron fuel

Post by rsroadkilla »

You guys have it your side of the world???

Its just started sellin in england. Was wondering if any of you have tried it?
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Unless u have a klze u will be wasting your money using anything higher than 87 octane(us standard).
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

LOL the best we can get is 94 octane.

Lucas Octane additive adds 4 to make it 98 but thats 14 extra bucks. Ive tryed this stuff, it did make my ZE idle smoother and also run smoother but no power difference which i didnt expect. I didnt believe them so the guy said try it, if you dont like it call me and ill give you your money back. And he was right it did make a small difference.

Also ive been asking petroleum companies to finally bring it out here as it could give them an advantage in the market, but they said they have to wait but didnt say why.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

94 octane is the equivalent to 99 RON. We use the AKI system of determining octane ratings where they use the RON method. If you want to read up more on octane ratings I can post something I found on another board for the FAQ section.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I only run 94 octane ones a month with my injector cleaner - just for maintenance
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

johnnyb wrote:94 octane is the equivalent to 99 RON. We use the AKI system of determining octane ratings where they use the RON method. If you want to read up more on octane ratings I can post something I found on another board for the FAQ section.
yes post it, and i would like to see stats on that for sure cause my klze runs different over here then in australia.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I ran 94 octane for 10 years on the K8 and I am currently running it in my ZE. I believe I get a cleaner (hotter) burn thereby minimizing any deposits on the valves and plugs. On the occasions where I didn't run 94 on the K8, I did notice a bit of a power drop especially in non-highway use. If I were strictly a highway driver than I would consider a lower octane since idling and city traffic/heat would not be a factor and running at a constant high speed would minimize any excess carbon build-up. Occasional plug checks varifies the quality of the burn which confirms my need for 94 octane.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Off-Topic”