Anyone running slimline fans?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Anyone running slimline fans?

Post by MX-3 Money »

Just interested if anyones running some slimline fans? If so, how do you like them? Do you see any difference in temp? Just woundering is all.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I think Gro is running some.. But even if they are super efficient you shouldnt see any change in your temp.. your engines operating temp is determined by your thermostat. If you want your engine to run cooler.. get a thermostat that opens at a lower temperature. And vice versa if you want it to run hotter for some reason. The fans will help cool down the radiator quicker due to more air flow.. but you shouldnt see a difference on your temp gauge, unless your current fan is not operating as efficiently as it should be. In that case.. you would see a very slow rise of your temp gauge needle when you are sitting at idle and your temp would drop once you car is moving.. this situation can also becaused by debris in the radiator fins that are blocking air flow.. or can even indicate that your radiator is loosing its ability to dissapate heat properly.. this does happen with older radiators on occasion.. usually copper core radiators are the most suceptible IIRC. Best of luck.

Tunes67
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I'm running 2 mounted in the front of the rad..haven't got a chance to try them yet though...I'll tell you this week coming:

RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

nice intercooler ya got there 8)
1997, Silver, V6
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Sweet sweet, I'm not having a problem with my temp, I was just woundering if they would do anything to bring it down. Never can really have it too cool in the engine bay. I'd get them more for their space saving uses. Looks good babyblue!
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
jplar

Post by jplar »

Hey Bblue, where did you pick up those fans? Are they better than OEM? I saw that the ones from PRO are rated for 1,550 CFM, cubic feet per minute I suppose. The OEM have a rating of 1,900 RPM, rotations per minute, as per the online manual. I realize those numbers aren't measuring the same thing, but is there a way to get close on actual gains?
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

[color-red]Can you have the stock fans in the back of the rad and the slims on the front. Will make a diff.[/color]

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”